“Cannot wait to come back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RiverDance

We can't find prices for this accommodation
RiverDance
You added RiverDance to your Saves list
179 Deer Leap, Hot Springs, NC   |
Special Offer
ZipLining and Rafting
Ranked #1 of 6 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Waxhaw, NC
“Cannot wait to come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Riverdance was the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The place was amazing, views are priceless and Callie, Dave & Midge made 11 girls on a bachelorette weekend feel like family! I could sit on one of the porches for hours and not get bored. The hospitality shown was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I am hoping for a yearly trip to Riverdance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We travel a lot and love to stay in B&Bs so were delighted to find RiverDance. It was a bit different from the usual B&B - but in nice ways. You get an entire floor of the house to yourself - above or below the main level. We stayed on the lower level so had easy access to the car - and our living area opened up to a huge deck with the hot tub. It was darker than the top floor which also looked very nice but didn't have its own deck. (Everyone has access to the beautiful deck on the main level so its no big loss.) We diid not meet Dave but Callie was delightful, frinedly but not invasive like some B&B operators. If you like to hike, we recommend both Max Patch and the walk along the Laurel River which ends up at the Fr Broad. Both are absolutely lovely - even in Feb!! We only stayed one night and wish we could have stayed longer. The only reason I hestiated to write this positive reveiw was bec I want to keep RiverDance a secret. It is THAT good!

Room Tip: Bottom level opens up to private deck with hot tub. Views to die for. Top floor is brighter - sunn...
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I found RiverDance via this website... I was needing a locale for a surprise getaway... I read the reviews and quickly gave Miss Callie a call.. She was awesome! I knew after talking to her that I had found my perfect location... When we arrived, Miss Callie welcomed us like old friends and made us feel right at home... RiverDance was very clean and comfortable and the view was amazing!(Star gazing from the hot tub is a memory I shall hold dear) Miss Callie and RiverDance helped me pull off exactly what I was wanting to do. Surprise my girl with a wonderful escape; she hasn't stopped talking about it to all her friends. Thank you, Miss Callie, for opening your lil piece of heaven. We will be back.. You can count on it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at RiverDance for two nights at the end of February-- wish we could have stayed for a week longer! My boyfriend and I spent our days hiking and exploring and our evenings relaxing in the hot tub. Callie and Dave were very welcoming and took their time to get to know us. We really enjoyed the personal touch and seeing Callie every morning for breakfast.

Reasons we LOVED RiverDance:
-Our dog could stay with us!
-Absolutely beautiful and clean home
-Hot tub with stunning views
-Beautiful outdoor living space complete with a fireplace
-Knowledgeable hosts with many recommendations for hiking, dining, and other adventures
-In-home massage available (traveling massage therapist)
-Relaxing with the windows and doors open
-The view from the decks

My boyfriend and I would love to invite a few of our family members to join us for a week at RiverDance. We are hoping for sometime this autumn!

Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Riverdance for two nights and we could not have asked for a more relaxing, amazing stay. Callie and Dave were accomodating in every way imaginable and made us feel right at home. Their home is absolutely georgous. It has the open, airy feel of being out in nature with beautiful views of the mountains and the river, yet still maintains its coziness. Whether you are looking to check out the area, go hiking, or just stay and relax at the house, you cannot go wrong at Riverdance. We will definately be going back!

Allentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a little get away to escape the hustle and bustle of our everyday craze. We decided to visit our friends near by in Paint Creek, TN and by fluke found River Dance while doing for a "google search." What a God send! Callie, Dave and Midge's home was PERFECT! Both of us have a love for a good mountain view and rustic/timber frame architecture so when we saw the photos and read the reviews we were sold! We've always wanted to stay in a B&B but could never find one in our searches that looked appealing, until we found River Dance. From the minute we pulled into the community we felt at home. Callie and Dave's smiles along with Midge's excitement to be welcoming us into their home felt as if we were visiting family we hadn't seen in a while.

I highly recommend the River Rock suite as you have closest access to the hot tub and a private deck, not to mention the morning sunrise over the mountain without even having to get out from under the covers. There are so many things I could list about how amazingly awesome are stay was, but there is just not enough time in the day! The bar has been set for sure. We are already talking about our next stay. Looking forward to making River Dance a yearly MUST! I've never come home so relaxed from a vacation. I typically start to miss home by day 3, but this time I felt "home sick" when we arrived back in NJ!

Room Tip: The River Rock suite was perfect for a little extra privacy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and a couple of friends were looking for something to do, other than book a chalet in Gatlinburg, TN, just too crowded. We have been to Hot Springs several times and by far had the nicest accomadations at River Dance. Callie and Dave welcomed us with open arms and met every need we had. The breakfast and hot tub can only be trumped by the spectacular view. I've lived in Knoxville my whole life and stayed at multiple cabins and chalets in east Tennessee and western North Carolina and without a doubt the view from the house is the BEST view in the Appalacian Mountains. Can't leave Midge out, the family dog, adorable and we will definatly be back. Callie and Dave try to turn their home into a b & b, but can't resist to treat everyone like a guest in their home, since it is. If their was anything disappointing at all, just like any shared accomodation, some of the other guests may get a little too tipsy and then provide the entertainment for the night. Great time, will be back.

Room Tip: The two bedroom has a futon, comfortable, but still a futon.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to RiverDance? Share your experiences!