“Charming, delicious, incredibly accommodating for our children!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Baltimore, MD
“Charming, delicious, incredibly accommodating for our children!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had a fabulous dinner here. While they have no children's menu per se, our fantastic server said that they would make up a meal for our three children, ages 5, 7 and 8. She suggested small hot ham and Swiss sandwiches with mixed fruit, and she brought a small taste of soup out for our 5 year old to taste while the others had full cups of soup. While our food was being prepared, she brought out robot toys and cards for our children to play with while they waited. Our food was fabulous. The grilled chicken that topped my salad was the most tender and juicy, and the salad was topped with delicious house-made bleu cheese dressing. It was huge. My husband's scallops were great as well. We will definitely return when we are in the area!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Better than average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Food tasted fresh, was sloppy in presentation and more expensive than expected for area/flavor and size.
Resturant clean.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I wish I could rate this better, but not much was good about this visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived just as the restaurant opened, and were seated right up by the window. I guess that was the best part of the visit. The waiter arrived shortly, looking disheveled and sloppy. Both wait staff looked sloppy, kind of a Seattle grunge look. Not consistent with the pretty nice decor. We ordered, and when the food came, here were our problems:
1) The waiter dribbled my onion soup all over the floor, then my husband's pants, and then the table cloth, before setting it down in front of me. It was so hot it took half of the meal watching everyone else eat before I could really get into it, and at that point it needed a TON of salt to give it much flavor.
2) My husband's salad was uninteresting, and overflowing the plate, with the dressing served on the side, and not enough of it. Now how is one supposed to toss dressing on a salad that is too big for the plate? I think when one orders a tossed salad, it should be tossed with the dressing in the kitchen. To be fair, we did not send it back and ask for it to be tossed in the kitchen.
3) When I went to push my chair out to go to the bathroom, there was damp chewing gum on the bottom of the chair. This is not the restaurant's fault, BUT when I notified them, they said they'd wipe it off after we left, so I should "be careful". I felt they should have replaced the chair immediately. That was pretty disgusting.
Prices were reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place to eat downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

While visiting the historic areas of Hillsborough we had lunch at Saratoga Grill. We sat upstairs and had a window table with a great view of Churton Street and the historic clock and courthouse. The salad I had was good and the rest of my family enjoyed their meals too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Good food but disappointing dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had dinner at Saratoga Grill early on a Saturday night. The dining room is quaint, very open with tables fairly close together. Service was prompt and attentive but not very friendly or well trained. We expected a more polished dining experience at a restaurant of this caliber.

My husband started with a bowl of clam chowder - full of tender clams but overpowered by a flavor (herb?) that we could not identify. The rolls were very good but we found the signature scones to be very dry. Honey almond salmon was well prepared and tasty. Stuffed shrimp consisted of 4 shrimp stuffed with crabmeat wrapped in puff pastry (much too dense - not the light and airy pastry I expected, it overwhelmed the shrimp/crabmeat flavors)

Saratoga seems to be shooting for sophistication but missing the mark.

• Visited January 2013