“My Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillsborough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

nothing fancy but pleasant enough. room small, mold in bathroom, burn marks on bathroom counter, lighting just ok, but still would stay again because of the price and overall value

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Tony and David went out of there way to help me and my family. I am transitioning into the area and my husband and I have a 10 month old baby. We are moving from 4 hours away. Tony made sure we had a room with enough space for our travel crib. While I had to start work David talked to my husband about the area and gave him lots of input on where we should be setting our sights for housing. There true customer service is rare in this world, microtel has something very special with these two!

• Stayed September 2012
Piscataway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

For the price, this is a good hotel. When traveling and you need a clean, decent place to rest your head, this is a good place to stop. The beds are decent, clean sheets and towels. I wouldn't book this place for a family vacation... But, if you have things to do during the day and want to just come back to a quiet place to rest and sleep, this is the spot. My only complaint is, for some reason, the house keeping staff will not replace the amenities. If you need something you have to go to the front desk. They just clean the room

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Louisburg, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I have read these reviews with great interest. The Microtel is definitely not the Ritz Carlton, but did you expect it to be for the price? The hotel has recently been bought by someone who knows what he is doing with hotels. Common sense tells us that he cannot fix everything at once. The new lobby is super nice. Many, if not all of the rooms, have new mattresses. Painting has begun throughout the hotel. I have been staying at this hotel regularly since 2007 and have never had to ask for a different room....have never seen a bed bug or a roach.....I did ask for an extra towel once and was given two. Tony, Tyrone, David, and Tommy have never been anything but kind, accommodating, and efficient. I have been in the lobby when people were checking in, many of whom are patients at Duke and/or Chapel Hil, and have seen these men handle them with caring and concern. I have sat and talked to these people as we bump into each other from time to time. I have never heard one of them say anything bad about the hotel. I have seen Tony (because I see him more often) celebrate with these patients and cry right along with them. Last month a couple brought Tony a Relay for Life shirt from a team of a man who stayed at the hotel who had died......people do not do things like that for people who don't care. If you want a reasonably priced hotel that is doing everything it can to improve itself and has people who are caring and efficient, then this is your place. If you want to find something to complain about then you will find that no matter where you go. Cudos to Mr. Dave, Tony, Tyrone, David, and Tommy! I appreciate all you do!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed at Microtel several times, not only do I like the hotel because it is clean and feels like home,but also just have to say that Tony Tapp is the best ever. He is always so cheerful, upbeat, and helpful. I have never had better service anywhere like I have here with Tony. Keep up the good work Tony and Microtel!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough? Share your experiences!