“A good road trip inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillsborough
San Francisco, California
“A good road trip inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I recommend this inn for anyone looking for a quiet, clean, comfortable place to spend a couple of nights. After 25 years of professional travel, staying in motels and hotels all across the US I was pleasantly surprised. Also a fine value for the money (or at even a higher rate than $50 per room), the free breakfast was better than many, the room was large enough to fend of claustrophobia. The staff members were friendly and helpful for all needs, from directions to irons/ironing boards.

The motel is away from any busy roads so it is quiet, but close enough to major freeways to get you away quickly.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms, back were quiet and easy to access. The breakfast area didn't add any noise...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Woburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had to search for somewhere to stay for a family funeral we had to go to and Microtel and it's employees were more than obliging. The rate was better than good and the
hotel itself was very very very nice - and breakfast wasn't bad either. If I ever had to go back to Hillsborough this would be the place I would stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
mount vernon oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Just returned home from a trip to Hillsbourgh and a stay at this motel! Immediately was greeted and treated great by the manager on duty, Mr Tony Tapp. He was welcoming , friendly and helpful! The rooms was very clean and comfortable and always was cleaned by the time we returned for the day. Anything we needed was readily available by staff and management. Very comfortable, clean beds!
Hillsbourgh is an awesome town and my partner and I cannot wait to return to visit Tony and the town!
Thank you Tony. Not only did we receive the best customer service ever and we have stayed at a lot of hotels/motels, over the years, but we also feel that we have made a new friend in Tony! I hope his employer appreciates him as much as we did!

Room Tip: very quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fredericktown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We enjoyed our stay so much. The manager Tony was very welcoming and went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. The rooms were very clean and the bed was so comfortable with good quality bedding! The breakfast was good and was kept replenished! The price is more than reasonable for such a top notch place. We will be back and look forward to seeing the manager Tony again! We feel like we not only had a perfect hotel experience but gained a friend, as well!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and did not hear anyone above or below us
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel was clean and the front desk guy was pleasant and fun to talk with. The breakfast was ok, not great, bu sufficent especially since it was free.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I am a travel agent for over 35 years, booked my room on line directly with Mictotel for 2 queen non smoking PET FRIENDLY room, held with my visa card. This was my third stay at this place arrived after a 10 1/2 hour drive in early evening and from the beginning TONY TAPP starts raising his voice at me asking how I booked the room and that it didn't say I had a pet friendly room.......acted as if he was doing me a FAVOR putting me in a room that was a total dump.....filthy ripped carpet, no clock, a/c barely worked, and pretty sure there were some bugs in the bed!! Next day asked to be moved and showed the person on duty my printed confirmation. On my arrival second evening there was a note on my door to come to front counter, TONY TAPP agains begins to YELL at me in front of other patrons and tells me I shouldn't have talked to his person that moring....ripped me a new one......next moring I went down to get the name of TONY TAPP's boss and after getting many lies they kicked me out since they didn't have any DOG FRIENDLY rooms!!
Guess a reservation means a lot......other people were having problems there also so it just wasn't me.........do yourself a favor, go down the road on sleep in your car at a rest stop.....I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO BADLY!! I had dealt with TONT TAPP the (assistant manager) in my earlier stays and was completely shocked by his attitude this time.......something is very wrong there and the place just keeps getting more and more run down.......now a letter to Wyhndam and Microtel and the HEALTH DEPARTMENT!!

Room Tip: TIP is there are NO best rooms!! D U M P
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I can't rave enough about the location of this hotel if you want to see things in Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh. This is a great place to stay and be close to everything. It is right off I-85, but you are only 1.6 miles from I-40 too. We loved the little town of Hillsborough and the staff was very helpful with any questions we had to ask. We had the suite and it had plenty of room. The layout was a little strange and this is an older MIS, but it is a great deal for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough? Share your experiences!