“Favorite restaurant in Highlands” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Highlands
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 5th Street
Description: Internationally recognized Chef Wolfgang invites you to dine in his garden pavilion or by the fireside in a historic home. Nestled amongst the rhododendrons on the historic main street of Highlands. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Wolfgang's is the recipient of the Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for the past years, our wine list features over 800 wines. Eclectic Contemporary American Cuisine with a New Orleans flair, Seafood and Steaks. . "Our State" magazine named Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro the place you must eat in Macon County. Featured in Southern Living, Southern Accents, WNC Magazine, and Outside Magazine. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Elected Member of Academy of Chefs Certified Executive Chef Member Texas Culinary Olympic Team Voted Jamaican and Texas Chef of the Year and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Favorite restaurant in Highlands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've been to Wolfgang's twice, and both experiences have been very good to outstanding.

I believe the ambiance to be the best in the Highlands, the service has been very good both times, the sommelier is outstanding and humorous, and the food is also very good.

I've had the venison and Chateaubriand, and both were well prepared and tasted very good. The wine selection is also outstanding.

I've dined at Madison's and Lakeside Restaurant, and do believe Wolfgang's was the best of the three.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Got engaged there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I highly recommend Wolfgang's to anyone going to the Highlands. I proposed there and couldn't have asked for a better experience. They worked with me on every detail and everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating.

The food and wine selection were great and we tried several desserts which were all delicious. The staff and management were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They walked us through the menu and helped us pick out a great meal and an excellent bottle of wine. It was the perfect venue because the setup is great for group meals or an intimate evening. Some family came in as a surprise and gave their congratulations before we ate our meal and the set up was perfect for it.

I had a fantastic experience and can't thank everyone there enough for making it such a special night. I will definitely go back next time I am there and tell everyone I know to stop by if they are in the area!

• Visited May 2013
North, South Carolina
“A "Must See" Restaurant in Highlands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I recently visited Highlands with my wife and decided to try this restaurant for the first time. The food was savory and the service supreme. It is well worth the time spent to eat here. I highly recommend this establishment.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Avon Park, Florida
“Another Great Dining Experience at Wolfgang's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

It had been several years between visits but it was clearly evident to us that Wolfgang's has maintained their local reputation for consistently great food and attentive service. Everyone in our party of seven enjoyed their meals and the server was wonderful. Looking forward to visiting again next November!

Houston, Texas
“Best of the Best in Highlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

When I go to Wofgangs ( at least two nights a week) I feel like everyone knows my name ( CHEERS t.v. show). It is the place I picked to celebrate my 50th Birthday and my 20th with my partner. I love the incredible food , best staff, and of course the dirty martinis!