“Lunch With the Ladies” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert, Private Dining
Description: Dinning Options: Lunch & Dinner,
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Lunch With the Ladies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

My two ladies and I stopped by Wild Thyme for lunch on a beautiful sunny day in the mountain top town of Highlands, NC. The place was packed, and for good reason. I got brave and tried the Grilled Vegetarian Black Bean Burger (I'm not a vegetarian). It was marvelous -- I love black beans and I love burgers, a great creative combination. My wife had Goat's Cheese Salad, and Aunt Peg had Grilled Chicken and Artichoke Wrap. What a menu! Only sorry we had to leave town before dinner -- the dinner menu was creatively mouth-watering too.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stumbled upon this little gem while shopping. It was about 5:00 on a busy Friday afternoon, and we inquired if we might be able to get a reservation for 7:00. The young man and youn woman who helped us were very pleasant and accommodating. While they didn't have anything available on the outdoor patio, they graciously reserved a spot for us in their dining room. When we arrived back at the restaurant a few minutes before 7:00, they welcomed us back and took us to a very nice table. Our server was a sweet young lady who was friendly and courteous , as well as knowledgable. I was impressed with her effortless and detailed recitation of the evening specials. I started off with a chilled asparagus soup, which was generously served in a full size bowl. It was creamy, flavorful and just a hint of pepper that left a subtle after-burn in your mouth for a second or two. My husband had the goat-cheese-walnut-and-cranberry-salad, which he enjoyed. I then had the crab cakes in a beurre blanc sauce which were quite good. They were meaty, without the typical filler most restaurants use. For being outside of the Maryland seashore, I was pleasantly impressed. My husband had a fresh halibut flown in from Alaska that he was extremely happy with. I would definitely come here again!

Visited August 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We ate here with friends for lunch. There aren't very many lunch places in Highlands so it was crowded. The menu was varied. Everyone in the group liked what they ordered. We got plenty to eat. Service was good. We will eat here at our next trip stop Highlands.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place for lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had a great lunch here after reading some favorable reviews. The food was excellent, service was friendly, and it was a nice atmosphere.

Lilburn, Georgia
“Nice atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Best crab cakes that I have ever eaten. Great service and nice atmosphere. Sat outside and enjoyed the cool, mountain air

Visited August 2014