“Gregory is one the the best waiters I have ever seen.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Highlands
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
“Gregory is one the the best waiters I have ever seen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Gregory, our waiter, had to supervise three tables of about 40 people. Being a wedding, and people having not seen each other in years, the group was not attentive . Gregory showed tremendous congeniality, great attitude, engagement, humor, and business acumen. He is tops in his field!
Honestly, he made the night for me. He was able to keep the food coming, drinks on-time, and always seemed to be there when you needed him. I almost forgot how much I enjoyed the food too, as I had so much fun watching a "real" pro in action.

Jim Palumbo
Rumson, NJ

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sylva, North Carolina, United States
“love eating here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Gregory was helpful and a lot of fun. The evening was successful for my family. The meal was very good. My nephew loved his tuna. "Perfect", he said. Thanks!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Great setting and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The view from the verandah, live piano music, and the amazing attention and menu recommendations from our server, Gregory, made this anniversary dinner truly enjoyable. Even though it's just a short drive from downtown, the setting makes you feel like you are nestled deep in Highlands' natural landscape, which, after all, is the best part about being Highlands in the first place.

Acworth, Georgia, USA
“On the Veranda Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went with a group of 5 to On the Veranda in Highlands NC. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Great atmosphere and lovely mountain décor. The service was excellent and the chief even visited the table to go over specials. The drinks were gracious and the whole place had a comfortable feel. The lamb and steaks were excellent - I chose the snapper and was not delighted - not as much flavor as I had anticipated. All the sides were wonderful and the group had a fine time. The entertainer added to the special evening and the entire party had a memorable time. hold you breath when you get the bill - as everything in The Highlands it was quite expensive. I would definitely return - next time when it is still light so that we could enjoy the view.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA.
“Birthday "On the Veranda"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here to celebrate my 60th birthday. Our table overlooked the lake and we were greeted with glasses of champagne. I cannot say enough about Billy, our waiter. He gave us the very best service that my wife and I can recall ever having. He has great knowledge of food and wine and kept in touch discreetly throughout our meal. Billy made our dinner a memorable experience. The food was delicious and the ambiance very warm and friendly. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013