“The best one night stay "Highly Reccomended"” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Slip Away & Save!
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Highlands
Stuart, Florida
“The best one night stay "Highly Reccomended"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is just awesome,The personal service and my room with 2 bathroom & living room was the best.I would recommend this place to anyone It's great.The Restaurant was perfect (I had Shrimp & Grits just yummy.It was a rainy day and other than that, the only negative thing in my opinion was getting there.It's in the most mountainous region of NC and the road to get there is a winding one,But worth the trip.

Room Tip: We had a 2 room suite and I'd say the second floor was the best.If you go in the summer the roof...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is not a review of the hotel itself, it is purely a review on the customer service while booking a weekend stay.

Last week we decided that we needed a weekend away in the mountains, so I started looking for cabin rentals in Asheville...nothing really caught my eye. So, thinking back I remembered a good friend telling me about this wonderful place in the Highlands that had the worlds BEST sweet tea (that's all that I remember her telling me) so after a quick call I found out it was Old Edwards Inn. I contacted them to inquire if they had any rooms available. Julie told me they did have availability however we would have to switch rooms. I booked the room(s) and Julie was very helpful. Overnight I decided we really did not want to deal with the nightmare of switching rooms mid stay.

I called reservations and Laura was the most helpful. We found the next weekend we could stay in the same room throughout the stay AND stay in a much nicer room. Laura changed all of the reservations I had made, and could not have been more helpful.

Today I called in to book spa services, and was offered the spa retreat package to save a little money, and the woman in the spa (Amanda???) stayed on the phone with me for close to twenty minutes trying to get everything picked out and scheduled.

The customer service has been exceptional...all over the phone, and by email. It only makes me look forward to our stay even more. More companies need customer service like Old Edwards Inn & Spa

Room Tip: Call in to the reservations number. They are extremely helpful.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

While our kids were at summer camp, my wife and I decided to take a little time away for ourselves. The drive itself was worth the price of admission. Highlands NC is a charming little town that happens to have a number of 5 star restaurants. The Old Edwards is a beautiful old building that has been restored beautifully. The rooms are large with nice bathrooms (the heated floors thrilled my wife). The pool area is one of the most beautiful, serene settings I have ever seen. Service was outstanding and almost over the top (the concierge and desk attendant stand whenever a guest enters the lobby). The spa was first-rate. The restaurant was incredible with very knowledgeable staff and a fantastic wine list. And the town itself was charming with interesting shopping. If you like golf, you have to play the Old Edwards Club - some of the most impressive mountain scenery I have seen while golfing, and that includes playing in Banff Springs Canada.

This is definitely a couples vacation. There were a few kids, but my wife and I are keeping this location to ourselves. No point ruining the peace and tranquility with our kids!

Room Tip: Book early to have any hope of a choice in rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Old Edwards in is a MUST. It is such a romantic and relaxing getaway. We have visted the lodge three times and loved each visit. The fire place in our room was my favorite part and the adjustable heated floors was just the cherry on top! If I was to get married all over again I would have my wedding there so all of my friends and family could have the chance to experiance all the joys of the Old Edward Inn. Bravo.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The WOW: We had a suite in the main inn. Walked in to room & was impressed by the size & comfort. The separate living room was also spacious with lots of seating. The promised mini fridge wasn't in the room but was promptly delivered. The bathroom was large with separate bath, shower, 2 sinks & heated tile floors. Dove Bars & cold water were available self- serve whenever you wanted along with coffee in the morning. The gym has great equipment & classes.
The disappointing: TV's in both rooms too small for the size of the rooms. 4 windows in room, 2 opened up to a concrete wall so living room had to be artificially lit at all times. Sleep near impossible - heard every step the room above us took; heard every door that closed. Couldn't get the A/C to cool down.
The manager in charge addressed the issues to our satisfaction. We will return again but stay in the new building.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the main inn.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were first put in the old hotel and requested a larger room with two beds. They quickly found a room for us in the new building. The suite was huge. The bathroom was the largest I have ever stayed in with a door opening to a private courtyard overlooking the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Haymarket, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our only lament is that we could only stay one night -- but we'll be back!! Accommodations were in the newly renovated Lodge Cottages. They were beautifully done with fantastic furnishings and decor. Staff was great! They were helpful throughout our stay and really made our stay enjoyable. We both had spa treatments and left feeling relaxed and pampered. We'll be back so that we can enjoy the OEI a LOT more!!

Room Tip: The newly renovated Lodge Cottages are really nice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!