“Creme de la creme” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Highlands
fll
“Creme de la creme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Absolutely gorgeous setting. Greeted with champagne at the front desk. Staff were excellent and the accomodations perfect. Ate at Madison's and the food was superb. Had some drinks in the hummingbird lounge while listening to the piano player they had as entertainment and it was very enjoyable. We stayed in the lodge and it as very quiet and private.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This place is brilliant! Great staff (shout-outs to Brian and Jack), fantastic location (golf/hiking/great restaurants very close by), an awsome spa/pool (Ritz Carlton+ quality) and excellent accommodations.
My wife and I have stayed here multiple times (winter and summer) and a great place keeps getting better!

• Stayed July 2011
Mt. Pleasant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

With our two children at overnight camp 45 minutes down the road, this was the perfect opportunity for my husband and I to get away for "grown up camp" for a few nights and celebrate our 14 year anniversary. A friend recommended the Old Edwards Inn and it could not have been better! From the moment we checked in (complimentary champaign and a tour of the property) to the moment we checked out (a travel bag filled with water bottles and fresh fruit for our car ride) we were treated like the most important guests. The property was so beautiful! Old world style and charm with modern luxury and service. The staff was outstanding, constantly asking what else we needed and if they could help in any way. Our room was beautiful with our own private balcony (complete with table and chairs and a flower box bursting with colorful flowers) and a heated tile bathroom floor -- nice! The bed was also so comfy! Great sheets and pillows.

The rooftop terrace was lovely as were the other places to eat and drink. Although we did not eat dinner at Madison's, the breakfast was wonderful. We also enjoyed coffee and incredible desserts in the hummingbird lounge one evening.

One day we played the Old Edwards Club golf course and it was spectacular! The view from the 10th tee is worth the (reasonable) price of admission of $125, including cart. It was a fairly difficult course but absolutely beautiful and so well maintained. Again, we were treated like the most important people there. Our lunch after our round was delicious and also had a great view from the outside porch. What a great day!

We had no complaints for our entire three night stay, however, I must say I was less than impressed with the spa. It seemed overpriced for what was offered and the facilites were nice but not outstanding. The service was average and the Rejuvenation treatment I got was OK but nothing great. (It was a self-application body treatment using a steam shower) I probably could have bought the scrubs and lotions used in my treatment in the spa shop and taken them back to my own shower for less than the treatment cost. There were a few people in the meditation/quiet room who were talking fairly loudly and I had to ask a staff member to say something. My husband did enjoy his massage and said the woman really knew what she was doing.

The fitness center was great and offered a good selection of classes. I took a yoga class and my husband and I both took a resistance bands class that were very enjoyable. We also liked the pool, however, the one afternoon there were no lounge chairs available because it was full. No big deal because we weren't staying long anyway. Service at the pool was outstanding.

As I said earlier, this was summer camp for my husband and I. We were glad our kids were not with us as this to me is not a kid-friendly place. Although there were a few families there, they were in the minority. I highly suggest leaving the kids at home or at camp if you plan to come here. There are no kiddie pools, game rooms or chicken fingers and I hope it stays that way! When we picked up our kids from camp they said they wanted to go back again next summer. We were thrilled because that means we will definitely be coming back to the Old Edwards Inn again for our "summer camp"!

Room Tip: Ask to be in the inn and a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Newberry, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We expected a great experience, based on reputation,and were not disapointed. The facility had an old world European feel. The staff was gracious and most eager to be of assistance. The golf club was top notch, both in terms of course conditions and the level of service.

My wife and I both feel that Old Edwards ranks at the top of places we have stayed, both in the US and abroad.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

My now wife was living in Atlanta and me in Puerto Rico. On my flight to Atlanta, specifically to drive up to Highlands, my suitcase sat on the tarmac in a storm and everything that I had was soaked. We arrived late on a Friday night and everything was closed. The concierge took me and my soaked clothing to the closed laundry and together we fixed the problem. Talk about above and beyond. The people in the hotel are the absolute best at making sure you feel welcome. The rooms are amazing. The food and wine over the top. We do a lot of travelling and this remains our favorite hotel in the world. It has been over a year since we stayed and as I was looking to book another visit, remembered that I had not thanked all at The Old Edwards on TA for many memorable visits.

Room Tip: Junior suite facing the main street
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

The Old Edwards Inn is such an amazing hotel in a lovely town. I had my wedding in Highlands and several people stayed at Old Edwards. Everyone raved about the hotel. I had my Bridemaids luncheon at Madisons and ate other meals there and the service is amazing. We stayed at the hotel for our wedding night and everything was perfect.
A friend of mine who always soends her anniversary at another luxury hotel in Georgia, is now switching to OEI!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I stood at the Old Edwards Hotel and Spa during the Memorial Day weekend. From the moment we arrived, the staff was extraordinary. We've been in several luxury hotels, and had never been in such a caring and personnalized way. Our room was in the historical building and was very charming. The building is recicled and the rooms provide the level of confort that you would expect from this kind of hotel, while keeping the historical look and feel, in an english/french way. We had a chance to use some of the hotel amenities, like the gym (equiped with the latest technology), the spa (stunning!!), the outdoor swiming pool (wondeful!) and also played gold at the Old Edwards Golf course (another fanstastic experience)
We also had dinner at Madison's (the restaurant inside the hotel), were once again, the food was great and the service perfect.
I absolutely recommend this for a couple getaway. Highlands is a very small and charming town, ideal for a relaxing weekend. We drove 8 hours from Cincinnati and it was absolutly worth it.
The only downside of all the experience was the fact that the beed was a queen size and not a king. Not a big deal for a couple of days, but something I recomend to ask about when you book since they probaby have some rooms with king size beds.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!