My girlfriend and I needed a break from the stress of our jobs and decided to take a quick trip to Highlands. I had never been but she said it was pretty and the downtown area was nice, and she was right. Like almost everyone else we looked at places online and we liked what we saw on the Skyline website. What we were looking for was something quiet with mountain views and a comfortable room. We didn't expect a Ritz Carlton. Our room was clean and had the feel of a mountain log cabin. There was a balcony (with only one rocking chair wehich we thought was odd) and with the leaves starting to change color it was a great place to sit out and enjoy a bottle of wine. It was a little chilly outside but our room was nice and warm with heat in the ceiling radiating down. It was different but effective.
The people at Skyline Lodge were very nice. Even in the restaurant they were interested to know where we were from and if we were enjoying our stay.
We will definitely be back.
*One side note - the food at the restaurant was great! We didn't have a reservation for dinner and although the place was not completely full we were asked by the hostess to wait so she could see if they could fit us in. My guess is she went back to the kitchen to ask if they could handle another party of 2. At 7p at night I would hope so! The service was very slow but we were on vacation so we weren't completely upset by that. Just know what to expect when you go.
- Also Known As:
- Skyline Lodge And Restaurant Hotel
- Skyline Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Highlands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unbelievable is the word for Skyline Lodge & Restaurant...constructed of Redwood and Granite, begun in 1929 in the Frank Lloyd Wright tradition. Completed in 1965, Skyline offers a magnificent forty mile view and nestled 4,100 feet atop of Flat Mountain overlooking the banks of Big Creek's cascading waterfalls. From the beautiful views to the scrumptious meals, it's definitely a part of highlands the should be visited! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Skyline Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.