“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raymond, Mississippi
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at the Inn. We found it to be beautiful, clean, and well maintained. We were treated wonderfully by Jason and Kate......always available to help in any way......and Jason is an excellent cook......breakfast was incredible!! We loved our time at the Inn and look forward to another visit.

Tommy and Bennette Ash

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate M, Owner at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
It was such a pleasure to have you and your husband join us for a few nights, Bennette. We're so happy to hear that you two enjoyed your visit. We always aim to make our guests feel like old friends, even if we've just met, so we're glad you felt so welcome. Anytime you're looking to escape into luxury and peace, we'll be here. Hope to see you soon!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I celebrated her 60th birthday at this beautiful Inn. Our room was beautiful a great view from our deck. The evening appetizers & wine were delicious & the morning breakfast was incredible. Jason, Kate. & Wendy made this a perfect weekend we cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed March 2013
Kate M, Owner at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We were honored to be a part of your wife's very special 60th birthday celebration, and it's wonderful to hear how nice of a time you two had. We'd love to see you again for another night of wine and breakfast the next morning. Come back soon!

Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Half Mile Farm to celebrate my husband's birthday. We could not have been more pleased with our experience. It is a charming inn in the country, very quiet and peaceful. The accommodations are beautiful and comfortable. The staff, especially Jason, is excellent. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and we hope to come back many more times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate M, Owner at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review! It's wonderful to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed your visit. We're happy that we could make his birthday a little more special. Jason will be delighted by the compliment, so I will make sure he sees this. We hope to see you again soon!

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Inn at Half Mile Farm continues to lavish its guests (new and returning) with understated luxurious warm hospitality. My wife and I recently stayed and were fortunate enough to enjoy a fabulous wine dinner as part of the weekend package. Dinner and the weekend stay was as enjoyable as sipping a great wine by the fire with friends. And indeed that was certainly a part of the weekend. As returning guests through the years we continue to make IHMF our go to mountain destination for relaxation, renewal and fond memories. Kate, Wendy, Carol and Jason create a wonderful environment for their guests which lack for nothing the entire time you are there. Breakfast’s, evening hors d’ouevers dinner’s (when offered) are fit for foodies and compliment well the fine fare available in Highlands along with the fun shops and adventure near at hand in the surrounding mountains. Another great stay at a Highlands gem.

Room Tip: We have been fortunate enough to visit the Inn a number of times over many years, there is not a bad...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate M, Owner at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the incredibly kind review. "understated luxurious warm hospitality" — I couldn't have said it better myself! It means the world to us to hear how much you and your wife have enjoyed visiting us through the years. And rest assured, the feeling is mutual. Please do visit us again soon.

Regards,
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

If you're looking for a peaceful stay with pampering that makes you feel like you're the only guest, this is it! We just celebrated our 2nd Thanksgiving in Highlands, and once again, we chose The Inn at Half Mile Farm. Going from the beach at home to the mountains of Highlands brings us a whole other side of nature. The views at the Inn are so breath-taking that sitting on the porch can easily turn into the afternoon's activity...so much quiet reflection gained there. From the fresh baked cookies and evening hors d'oeuvres to the gourmet breakfasts, we looked forward to the chef's incredible creations! Along with great food, the indulgent touches of plush robes, soaking tub and pillow mints, left us feeling completed spoiled. Definitely take advantage of the nearby "zip lining" adventure too! We love this place -- tweet it to all your friends -- it is truly beautiful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
You might be on to something, Maryann—what better way to give thanks than by spending the holiday amid beautiful mountain views, surrounded by friends and family! We couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to experience true relaxation on the porch. Thank you very much for the fabulous review. We'd love to have you back again soon!

Cheers,
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This review comes on the “better late than never” theory. My wife and I stayed at the Inn in June of 2011 (not 2012). But my initial introduction to the Inn was in November 2010, when I visited the Inn during Highlands Culinary Weekend with a friend. I immediately fell in love with the property – from the beautiful main house, to the courtyard, to the rolling lawns, and down to the picturesque lake. Neither my friend nor I had ever been there, and we asked Kate if it might be possible to see any of the rooms. She was extraordinarily nice, checked her computer to ensure she was going to show us to an unoccupied room, and let us take a look. As an aside, my friend had made “reservations for two” for that evening’s Culinary Weekend event, and when Kate showed us through the main house, we walked through the dining room, and we happened to see name cards for Mr. “Smith” (my friend) and MRS. Smith. Whoops! Kate fixed that for us. The property was so beautiful, and the staff my friend and I encountered so friendly, that I knew I had to come back with my wife.

When she and I were deciding on a vacation spot, where else would she want to go after hearing my rave reviews about this indescribably beautiful Inn? So we spent five days there in June 2011. We were made to feel like this was “home” from the moment we arrived. When I made the reservations, I did so on the Internet. I didn’t realize it at the time, but they had a special at that time where if you stay three nights, you get the fourth for some discount. When we checked out, Kate mentioned that and told us that the discounts aren’t offered through the website, but that we should call to make reservations. Even though I had made the reservations through the Internet, and even though I didn’t even know about the discount, Kate deducted the discount from our stay anyway. What a pleasant surprise!

Our room was in the main house. The stairs and floorboards had a few squeaks, adding to the charm (the squeaks are not loud or in any way a negative; my point is that there is CHARACTER in this wonderful house). But when we walked into our room, we could each feel our day-to-day tension melt away. The bed was comfortable, the room well appointed, and the bathroom cozy. The chef (I think his name was Jason) cooked a spectacular series of breakfasts during our stay, and we also were able to spend some time talking to him and enjoying his company. Not only did the Inn’s accommodations, breakfasts, and wine and hors d’oeurves exceed our expectations, but Kate was also helpful in recommending restaurants, a whitewater rafting trip (on the Chatooga), and spa so my wife could get a massage.

My wife and I decided to enjoy Culinary Weekend together this year, and naturally our choice of where to stay was an easy one. When I called to make the reservation a few weeks ago, Kate asked me if we had any dietary restrictions. I said no, but Kate responded, “I sense some hesitation.” I then mentioned that my wife was trying to avoid gluten, but that it wasn’t critical, and Kate said that she would note that for the chef and see if he could oblige her. Kate also pointed out the different rooms we had available, and we elected to stay in the same room in the main house (even though, as Kate pointed out, there was another room with a fireplace and deck available for the same price). We fell in love with the room last year, and when you find a good thing ...

I typically don’t write reviews. But when I was checking online for directions so I could estimate how long a drive it will be for us, I had an ad for TripAdvisor pop up, and I clicked on it. I was pleased to see so many positive reviews. But like so many people, I decided to check out the less than stellar reviews. I was shocked at those few negative reviews and can only note that there are invariably some people who will find issue and mischaracterize events and other people. I have been extremely impressed with the courtesy and treatment received. I can say from my experiences there, whether just to check out the property on that initial visit, for Culinary Weekend (twice now), to stay with my wife for our annual vacation, or talking to Kate on the phone, I have not in my 46 years encountered a more wonderful venue for a romantic, relaxing, refreshing, memorable trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
"We could each feel our day-to-day tension melt away" — that's exactly what we aim for! We can't describe how gratifying it is to hear such kind words, especially since you don't often write reviews. Thank you for making an exception. We can't wait to see you for Culinary Weekend 2012! The South American Wine Dinner is going to be amazing!!!

Warm regards,
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have enjoyed the Inn at Half Mile Farm for years now. They never disappoint us. Their breakfasts are awesome! They are very nice and helpful. The appetizers and wine in the evening are wonderful as well as the atmosphere with a fire. Thank you so much for everything you all do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
It's always nice to welcome back a friendly face! We couldn't be happier to hear how much you've enjoyed your time with us over the years. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to enhance your next stay! Until then, thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words.

Best,
Kate

Been to The Inn at Half Mile Farm? Share your experiences!