“A perfect wedding weekend.” 5 of 5 stars

The Inn at Half Mile Farm
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   214 Half Mile Drive, P.O. Box 2769, Highlands, NC 28741   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Highlands B&B and Inns
Newnan, Georgia
“A perfect wedding weekend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Kate and Wendy made my daughter's wedding weekend absolutely perfect. The accommodations are first class, but not at all stuffy or pretentious. All our guests felt welcome and their needs were met in a friendly, low-key manner. The property is beautiful and all the rooms are unique and tastefully done. Kate and Wendy made us feel like family. I would definitely recommend this for a weekend get away and especially as a destination wedding venue.

Carol Crawford

Room Tip: They are all wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Wow, Carol! It is so gratifying to hear how much you and your daughter enjoyed this special day. It was truly a pleasure to be a part of the celebration, and my mother and I are proud to make you feel at home. Thank you very much for the kind words. We hope to welcome you back if you're ever in need of a quiet getaway!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I were back for the 2nd time. We love this Inn. The Innkeeper and staff go out of the way to make sure we have anything we need. The breakfast was wonderful and always love the selection of wines and appetizers. If you need to get away to a quiet picturesque location - this is it. A perfect place to unwind!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It was lovely to see you again! I'm thrilled that you and your husband had such a fabulous time with us. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This inn is a wonderful place to go as a couple and relax and enjoy the mountains. Wendy and Carol were so nice and the food and service was excellent! We stayed in a courtyard room, and even though it was close to the main inn, we rarely saw other people (except at breakfast and happy hour) and were never disturbed by any noises. The room was very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable, and the fire place was perfect when it got a little chilly outside. The location is great - close to Highlands, Cashiers, etc., yet off the main road so you feel like you are away from everything. Love the grounds and lake - everything is well maintained. Can't wait to back!

Room Tip: Bottom floor courtyard was very easy to get to. We heard the people above us a couple of times, but...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
It's good to hear from both of you again! Wendy, Carol and I are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. The courtyard room is perfect for a relaxing, romantic getaway. Thank you very much for the kind words. We would love to welcome you back again next year!

Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Inn at Half Mile farm was the perfect topper for a fun-filled summer with close friends and new beginnings. The Inn is nestled in the rich, high-elevations of Western North Carolina, lending itself to fantastic summer temperatures perfect for outdoor events. The rooms boasted comfortable beds, sizeable flat screen televisions, rustic decorations, peaceful balconies for sunset gazing and sitting, and spotless through and through. The in-room bathrooms are well equipped with any toiletries one might need, and stocked with back up linens or towels. Meals throughout our two long weekdn stay were extravagant. Breakfast quiches, berry pancakes, or mimosas to start out the day and moist pork tenderloins, rosemary garlic potatoes, and flaky dinner biscuits with local wines to start out the evenings. Above all the wonderful amenities to soak up at the Inn, the unmistakeably best aspect of this Bed and Breakfast is the warm and welcoming staff. Not only did Kate Messer and her mother cater to our wedding party with sincere accommodation, but they also worked wonders in coordinating wedding festivites and logistics. No matter how boisterous or large your crowd may be, the Messer's will open their doors with great care and do so kindly. Thanks to Kate and her staff at Half Mile Farm, the wedding was a huge success and the guests got to enjoy an incredible weekend getaway with friends!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room here at the Inn.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We're delighted to be part of the festivities! I am thrilled that my mother and I were able to make this special day even more memorable. Thank you for the fabulous review — from the beautiful description of our mountain views to our luxurious breakfasts, we couldn't have asked for kinder words! We hope to welcome you back again soon. :)

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

When we were looking around the area for venues to host our wedding, we came across this charming weekend retreat tucked away in the mountains. As a bride-to-be I was looking for an intimate getaway for our family and friends to enjoy time together, a romantic backdrop, and a place to spend many anniversaries. We found exactly that at Half Mile Farm, along with a nostalgic ambiance that created an unforgettable occasion. From start to finish, Kate and the staff were exceptionally hospitable and accommodating. They were assertive to all of our wedding needs, from organizing vendors to executing details that made the event even more memorable to us. Kate shared her contact information with my wedding party at the rehearsal in case they needed anything, at breakfast Saturday morning they surprised us by playing a few of our favorite, cheesy 80s love songs, and when it started raining ten minutes before our ceremony, Kate came up to the bridal suite with a glass of chardonnay to calmly discuss logistics with me. After waiting 15 minutes for the rain to pass, my dad and I made our way downstairs to dining room to meet Kate and her mother, Wendy. Their enthusiasm, thoughtfulness and genuine interest to make our day a special celebration of two people was truly outstanding. I'm thankful that they were the last two people I hugged before we walked down the aisle to the edge of the pond to meet my groom. Every time we visit the guest experience has been exceptional and the mood is always relaxing. My groom and I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It's lovely to hear from you again, Virginia. Your kind words have truly touched us all! It's so gratifying to know how much you and your groom enjoyed your special day, and it was truly a pleasure to be a part of it. Yours was indeed a wedding to remember! Thank you for allowing us to share in this celebration. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Seaside, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

"I was at a wedding at the inn in August and was beyond impressed! I have also stayed there before when it was not a wedding. The staff there are fabulous and do anything and everything to make you happy, even if you are not staying there and are just a wedding guest. I am engaged and am thinking about having my wedding at the inn so I talked to everyone else who stayed there, including the bride. Everyone said it was perfect. A few times in the evening Kate told us what to do - like to go to the courtyard for their first dance or to the living room for them to cut the cake, but I'm glad she did. She also got everyone where they needed to be for the ceremony. With her there, we did not miss a thing. And, at the end of the evening, when a friend of mine was too tipsy to drive to their hotel, Kate gave them a ride to where they were staying! I can't believe anyone would have had a bad experience there. From what I saw and heard it is the perfect place to get married. Now, I just hope I can have my wedding there, too. All of my friends who were at the wedding with me want me to do it there so they have an excuse to go back. Beautiful place with excellent service. My friend said it was her wedding dream come true."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It is our greatest joy to be part of these special celebrations. I'm always happy to help the bride and groom organize all the logistics to ensure that their day goes off without a hitch. We would be happy to host your wedding as well! Please don't hesitate to reach out when you're ready to begin the planning process. Until then, thank you for taking the time to review us. I look forward to hearing from you again! :)

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My youngest sister got married here in August and everything was beyond amazing!!!!!! Kate the owner put on a lot of hats to make my sisters big day perfect (rehearsal planner, dog sitter, breakfast chef, vaca planner for out of town guests, wedding cake cutter u name it) the inn itself is soooo charming, and the cabins where we stayed were roomie and super unique!!!! We loved it all and can't wait to return soon

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It is so gratifying to hear from a happy guest! It was my pleasure to assist your sister in creating the perfect day, and I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us as well. She was such a beautiful bride... with beautiful family and friends! Thank you for the kind words. We can't wait to see you again, too!

Kate

Been to The Inn at Half Mile Farm? Share your experiences!