“Better than the first time!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Inn at Half Mile Farm
214 Half Mile Drive, P.O. Box 2769, Highlands, NC 28741   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Highlands B&B and Inns
Seaside, Florida, United States
“Better than the first time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

"I was at a wedding at the inn in August and was beyond impressed! I have also stayed there before when it was not a wedding. The staff there are fabulous and do anything and everything to make you happy, even if you are not staying there and are just a wedding guest. I am engaged and am thinking about having my wedding at the inn so I talked to everyone else who stayed there, including the bride. Everyone said it was perfect. A few times in the evening Kate told us what to do - like to go to the courtyard for their first dance or to the living room for them to cut the cake, but I'm glad she did. She also got everyone where they needed to be for the ceremony. With her there, we did not miss a thing. And, at the end of the evening, when a friend of mine was too tipsy to drive to their hotel, Kate gave them a ride to where they were staying! I can't believe anyone would have had a bad experience there. From what I saw and heard it is the perfect place to get married. Now, I just hope I can have my wedding there, too. All of my friends who were at the wedding with me want me to do it there so they have an excuse to go back. Beautiful place with excellent service. My friend said it was her wedding dream come true."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
It is our greatest joy to be part of these special celebrations. I'm always happy to help the bride and groom organize all the logistics to ensure that their day goes off without a hitch. We would be happy to host your wedding as well! Please don't hesitate to reach out when you're ready to begin the planning process. Until then, thank you for taking the time to review us. I look forward to hearing from you again! :)

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My youngest sister got married here in August and everything was beyond amazing!!!!!! Kate the owner put on a lot of hats to make my sisters big day perfect (rehearsal planner, dog sitter, breakfast chef, vaca planner for out of town guests, wedding cake cutter u name it) the inn itself is soooo charming, and the cabins where we stayed were roomie and super unique!!!! We loved it all and can't wait to return soon

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It is so gratifying to hear from a happy guest! It was my pleasure to assist your sister in creating the perfect day, and I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us as well. She was such a beautiful bride... with beautiful family and friends! Thank you for the kind words. We can't wait to see you again, too!

Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent two days at the inn, the owner and staff were all kind and gracious, the breakfast was superb both days. We were served wine and appetizers in the evenings. There were soft drinks, water and snacks available all day at no charge.
We stayed in one of the cabins but I would recommend staying in the lodge accommodations because the cabins are not owned by the farm but are only managed by the farm. The lodge rooms are more comfortable and better appointed.
Not a place for young kids (under 12), it is adult orientated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
A quiet get away, indeed! It's so nice to hear that you felt comfortable and well cared for throughout your stay. That's exactly what we strive for! Thank you for the wonderful review. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further enhance your next stay. :)

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were privelaged to be a part of a wedding hosted at The Inn at Half Mile Farm in late August. I have to say, it was the most wonderful weekend and an absolutely beautiful wedding. Our room was a dream! While the guys in the wedding party played golf on Saturday, I enjoyed reading out on our private balcony and taking a bath in the luxurious tub! The food was unbelievable too. We actually changed our travel plans on Sunday to stick around for breakfast! Everything about the wedding was flawless. A fairytale setting! Kate, the manager, was welcoming, warm and accomodating. My husband and I are already looking forward to traveling back to The Inn at Half Mile Farm for our own anniversary next summer!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words! It was our pleasure to be part of this happy occasion. Y'all were such a fun group! I'm thrilled that everyone enjoyed their time with us — and even extended your stay just to join us for breakfast! Thank you so much. We hope to see you and your husband again soon.

Best,
Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent three nights here for an anniversary getaway. We do a good but of traveling and this is one of our favorite places we've visited. A short drive in to the activity of downtown Highlands, the inn feels like you are in the middle of nowhere. It sits in the middle of a glorious piece of property filled with floral gardens, ponds reflecting the open sky and cloudscapes and trees. There are numerous places to sit alone quietly to read or gather and mingle with other guests.You can walk the splend property, swim in the pool, drop a line in one of the ponds, canoe on the bigger lake, enjoy wine and appetizers with guests on the porch or curl up with a book in the garden while brown bunnies nibble just outside your reach.Take a deep breath enjoy the refreshing fragrance of woods mixed with flowers.

It really is a wonderful spot made better only by the owners and staff.
Owners Wendy and (her daughter) Kate were warm, welcoming and helpful. Staff members Carol, Jason and Mark spoiled us with divine food and cheerful help. We look forward to returning with other family members.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We always enjoy reading thoughtful reviews, and I must say, yours was truly a delight! Between relaxing on our porch and the quiet of the lake-side property, you have really captured what we're all about. It is a relaxing place -- where you feel like you are a million miles from anywhere, but only minutes to town! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. We hope to welcome you back next year!

Warm regards,
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a lovely little Inn situated on a lovely piece of property. The rooms are well furnished and comfortable and the breakfast is wonderful. Thus ends the positive about this Inn. The manager/owner Kate is rude and hateful. We were repeatedly told what we could not do - and constantly being reprimmanded. It was like being in first grade with a mean principal. I have never reviewed a property before, but would strongly urge you to find another "inn" in Highlands if such venue is in your travel plans. The Inn at Half Mile Farm is overpriced and the manager/owner and the majority of the staff are just flat out rude. Stay away

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Lee,

We are most concerned with the statements made in this post. Our records do not show any guest here for any of the weddings we have had from Jacksonville, FL nor have we received a single complaint from any wedding that we held here all season. We have emailed each and every bride we have had here this year -- along with their parent(s), and each have indicated that it must be from another event, as they stated that everything was perfect at their wedding. We take pride in our customer service and strive to ensure that every need is taken care of. My primary concern, of course, is to fulfill the needs of the bride and groom. Our secondary concern is making sure their parents are happy. We do everything possible to make sure that each guest that is here feels at home.

As wedding coordinator, I do often have to tell folks where to be at certain times, however, we have never had anybody offended or upset -- as everyone at a wedding wants the bride to be happy. I have reviewed the various thank you notes we have received, including one here on Trip Advisor dated September 3, 2012, and our brides & grooms and their families are consistently pleased. If at any point a guest was unhappy, we were (and are) completely unaware.

Best,
Dyersburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The quaintness and off the beaten path location made the Inn the perfect locale for my youngest daughter's wedding the last weekend in August. The attention to details and the friendliness of all who worked at Half Mile helped to make the weekend a true treat for all of us. The pace allowed for a pefect celebration and as the mother of the bride, I had nothing to worry about. Priceless!! Oh and did I mention the blueberry pancakes or the eggs benedict?? I also enjoyed the previous two visits planning the event. Every room offers a unique factor. I'm looking forward to returning to the Highlands and to Half Mile Farm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kate M, Innkeeper at The Inn at Half Mile Farm, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It's so good to hear from you... and we are honored that you and the beautiful bride (and groom) chose to celebrate such an important occasion here at The Inn at Half Mile Farm. I am glad that we were able to help create a memorable and magical weekend! All of you were a delight!!! Now that it's over, you need to come back just for a little R&R. When you make your reservations, remind us that you like the blueberry pancakes and Eggs Benedict... we always try to accommodate special requests. Eggs Benedict are one of my favorites, too! Hope to see you again soon!

Been to The Inn at Half Mile Farm? Share your experiences!