“Great Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Largo, Florida
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have a home within a few minutes and have never stopped in. Today my son and I decided to try it for breakfast due to some pretty good Internet reviews he saw. I ordered 2 eggs over hard, grits, biscuit, and country ham. He had an omelette and hash browns. It was all perfect. Nice mug of coffee and grits were awesome. If they know how to make grits right then they usually know how to cook southern style. Very clean dining room and everyone was friendly. We will go back for sure. I only regret not trying it sooner.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious and affordable Southern cooking at its best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Southern Belles Restaurant is about 4 and 1/2 miles from Highlands, NC, on Route 64 East. Converted from a nursery, it is situated on land with beautiful landscaping and many flowering plants. Warm, caring staff and prompt service make this a pleasant eating experience. Very affordable. The food is Southern cooking at its best!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Highlands, NC
“Between Cashiers/ Highlands Nc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a great place to eat, prices are very reasonable. I have eaten breakfast a few times ,and left quite full.I would say you will pay anywhere from $ 5 to 10 $ give or take. Great food, nice people. A local hangout for some of us in Highlands..

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, GA USA
“A Favorite Breakfast Place... Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you are a food and restaurant snoot, or are in a city-hurry, go on to some overpriced place back in Highlands.
If you want an excellent value breakfast here it is at Belles.
This is one of my favorite breakfast places anywhere.
I always order scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, biscuit, country ham, and coffee and they are just fine...so for anything else you are on your own.
Big windows everywhere...a real plus.
Booth seatbacks tight, not wobbly as so many irritatingly are. Also chair seating.
Friendly service to me...I start friendly.
Music very low volume and old time country.
Some Sundays a lovely live dulcimer group plays...what a treat.
Prices so low for Highlands area you won't believe.
This is where I have breakfast when in Highlands for the weekend.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Not as expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Long wait to get greeted on our entrance. Long wait at table before anyone shows up and then a granny type older lady wanted our orders right then. Specials were listed at entrance and one of our group ordered one and was told they were out. Talking a few seconds to make another choice we were told she was going to the next table that came in behind up because they knew what they wanted. Looking like a sweet little old grey hired lady does not give you the excuse to be surly. Some of the food was really good but most were small portions. Not my kind of place.

• Visited October 2012