“How does the chef always amaze!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cyprus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Award Winning Chef Nicholas Figel introduces destination quality International Cuisine to Highlands, NC. In the Cyprus open kitchen, we take our inspiration from peasant foods and traditional cuisines from around the world. We hand harvest our vegetables and shop the ethnic markets to deliver authentic and traditional International flavors. We feature a unique regional menu, written and executed each day in the Cyprus kitchen, always by hand, and always using time honored, traditional cooking methods. The dining room is relaxing, inclusive, and a great place to enjoy great food and good times with friends. Cyprus International Cuisine, The most exciting dining destination in Highlands
“How does the chef always amaze!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After coming to Highlands, NC for three years strait for fourth of July, we have never had less than the most amazing meals that I have experienced. The chef reintroduced the jackfruit to his menu, which changes all the time, and my goodness that can make anything outstanding. My last review for Cyprus I raved about the jackfruit and the pairing this time was amazing as well, teaming it up with a whole lobster. The chef never fails to amaze and every meal that we have had has been one of my best. A must for Highlands, NC.

Visited July 2013

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We loved the atmosphere and watching the chef cook. The menu was great and the food was good. Would definitely go again.

Visited May 2013
Salem, SC
“A trip around the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our last visit at Cyprus was great as always, we appreciate all the effort the staff put into to prepare such a variety of exotic dishes, using high quality and fresh products, I had Thai fish wrapped in banana leaves with coconut sauce, it was great, we enjoy tasting all these different flavors, thanks again!

• Visited June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had an exceptional dining experience. We followed the recommendation of prior reviewers and sat at the bar here we could watch the chef in action. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. A great surprise was the wonderful variety of entrees on the menu...it was like choosing a dish from your favorite part of the globe. And the use of fresh, local sources only adds to the experience. The quality was exceptional for the prices. Service was great. The ambiance was casual, friendly and gregarious. Sitting at the bar we got to visit with locals who shared their input as regulars. The chef and owner was also extremely engaging when not working hard. We will be returning soon. I would put it on my must do list for Highlands.

• Visited June 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“The GREATEST meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My in-laws took my wife and I there for our anniversary this past weekend.......the BEST seats are at the bar watching Nick and his crew making the outstanding meals. While I may have not eaten in a 5 star restaurant in Paris (I don’t like French food anyway), I have eaten meals from all over the world, and this was by far the greatest meal I have ever had. It starts with the service to the taste and includes the awesome presentation. Absolutely untouchable from St Armand’s Circle to Madrid to the Middle East to South or Central America. My in-laws love this place and I fully understand why! Nick has a well trained team that all appear to be fully invested to ensure that all dinners full enjoy their meal and the ambiance.

• Visited May 2013