“Exceptional Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cyprus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 43 restaurants in Highlands
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Award Winning Chef Nicholas Figel introduces destination quality International Cuisine to Highlands, NC. In the Cyprus open kitchen, we take our inspiration from peasant foods and traditional cuisines from around the world. We hand harvest our vegetables and shop the ethnic markets to deliver authentic and traditional International flavors. We feature a unique regional menu, written and executed each day in the Cyprus kitchen, always by hand, and always using time honored, traditional cooking methods. The dining room is relaxing, inclusive, and a great place to enjoy great food and good times with friends. Cyprus International Cuisine, The most exciting dining destination in Highlands
Asheville, North Carolina
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had an exceptional dining experience. We followed the recommendation of prior reviewers and sat at the bar here we could watch the chef in action. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. A great surprise was the wonderful variety of entrees on the menu...it was like choosing a dish from your favorite part of the globe. And the use of fresh, local sources only adds to the experience. The quality was exceptional for the prices. Service was great. The ambiance was casual, friendly and gregarious. Sitting at the bar we got to visit with locals who shared their input as regulars. The chef and owner was also extremely engaging when not working hard. We will be returning soon. I would put it on my must do list for Highlands.

• Visited June 2013

90% Recommend
Birmingham, Alabama
“The GREATEST meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My in-laws took my wife and I there for our anniversary this past weekend.......the BEST seats are at the bar watching Nick and his crew making the outstanding meals. While I may have not eaten in a 5 star restaurant in Paris (I don’t like French food anyway), I have eaten meals from all over the world, and this was by far the greatest meal I have ever had. It starts with the service to the taste and includes the awesome presentation. Absolutely untouchable from St Armand’s Circle to Madrid to the Middle East to South or Central America. My in-laws love this place and I fully understand why! Nick has a well trained team that all appear to be fully invested to ensure that all dinners full enjoy their meal and the ambiance.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Didn't live up to reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant a lot, and appreciated the creativity of the menu. But I think they may have been stretching themselves a bit too thin. The mussels were fresh but not very flavorful, and I'd say the same for the special appetizer we had. My lamb entree was very tasty, but the cookie for the lavender ice cream sandwich was so hard we couldn't break or bite into it.

Visited May 2013
Highlands, North Carolina
“Creative Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Chef Nicholas Figel has created a colorful international cuisine. He is always seeking new ideas from all over the world, borrowing bits from diverse cultures, introducing new flavors and combinations. The results are always a treat for the guests and full of fun and discovery.
We eat there often and would recommend the adventure of the day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Highlands, North Carolina
“Best restaurant in Highlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant has great international cuisine as well as fine American offerings. They offer a great dining experience. Chef Nick Updates the menu frequently With new offerings. My wife had Japanese surf and turf which was a fillet with a lightly crusted lobster. I had the mussels and chorizo On a fantastic bed of handmade pasta with a wonderful sauce. Both of us give our meals five stars.