“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Reservations
columbia, sc
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My daughters and I just had a fabulous meal at Lakeside. Not only is the venue quaint, the food and service was extraordinary. We have heard so much about this restaurant but never had the chance to try it. Won't make that mistake again. From the appetizer to dessert, everything was delicious! And with walking distance from OEI, perfect. Nicole was so knowledgeable, and the owner Marty stopped by our table to welcome and tell us about the specials. Will be back next time we are visiting Highlands.

• Visited June 2013

Franklin, North Carolina
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We enjoyed our 10th anniversary at the Lakeside Restaurant and we had a fantastic evening. Best service I've ever experienced in a restaurant! The food was fantastic and it was a great time. Highly recommend!

• Visited May 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Exceptionally Great Place To Dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We travel a fair amount. We live in Florida but also have a home in North Carolina. In the last 24 years we have never been in the mountains without going to Lakeside Restaurant. It is approximately a 30 minute commute from our mountain home but the trip there is well worth our time. Marty, the owner/chef always comes out to talk to us. Both Marty and the entire staff are very personable. Marty is also an amazing chef. You must try the tomato florentine soup, the lamb chops, the duck, the buttermilk pie, as they are all staples on the menu and amazingly good. Last night my husband had the duck and it was prepared with a scrumptious bing-cherry sauce. I had fish that was a special on the menu, Snook, and it was out of this world.

Make your reservations and try to do them well in advance as it is a very sought place to dine.

• Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“5 star food with down home friendly people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

On my first visit to the Highlands I was encouraged to make early reservations for this restaurant and I'm glad I did because it was booked for the whole weekend. Great food,wine,service, and quaint lake view. Best lamb I have ever had!

Visited June 2013
Greenville SC
“Always a Treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Lakeside is a major class restaurant and the personal service and small dining room makes you feel even more special. The food is ALWAYS excellent! There is absolutely no better Tomato Basil soup in the world. I think they "invented" it.

Visited May 2013