“Good buffet pizza place....” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Delivery, Buffet
Dining options: Delivery, Buffet
Lexington, South Carolina
“Good buffet pizza place....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was in Rome's one day last week during yet another rainy evening .
I went with the buffet which had several fresh and hot pizzas.
The small salad bar was kept fresh.
I did not partake in any of the pasta dishes as they looked like they had been sitting there a while.

All in all I am a fan of Rome's,the price is great and the pizza/salad is good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

High Point, North Carolina
“Pizza is pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've eaten here for both delivery and the lunch buffet. Pizza is consistently good and a good variety at lunch.

Visited May 2012
High Point, NC
“Good Pizza, Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The staff is very friendly, and the pizza if really good. It does provide a good value.

Visited February 2012
High Point, NC
“BEST FAMILY PIZZA PLACE PERIOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I normally don't write any reviews for restaurants but I was looking on this site for airline ticket and I thought to check out any new restaurants in my area. I was really disappointed to see there is only one review for this restaurant and a horribly wrong one at that. David500 seems to be a food critique and as he puts it there is no Pizza in this Pizza. Are you kidding me. Look at the review for some fast food places around here like Tokyo express and biscuit factory and they have all 5 stars and this place gets a 2. This place is by far the best pizza place around this area for the price that you are paying. I mean this is about same as Papa johns or dominos yet it is hugely better that those chain places. Also the bland lasagna as he put it, is almost as good as Olive Gardens yet you are paying only $6 and you get pizza, spaghetti and salad bar with that. Lets be fair here and don't compare apples and oranges. If you want a fancy special pizza, by all means go those restaurants that charge you $20 for a medium pizza. But if you want great environment, great service, and a family friendly place to enjoy good food, try this place out. I would never use words like bland or flat to describe the pizza. I have been eating at this place for going on 8 years now, and while it is true that the taste changes very little sometimes, overall the food has been great. I have tried many pizza places around here like George's, Jimmy's, Pizza Vino or Elizabeth's. I can honestly say that Rome is better than all of them. Also I would strongly recommend to try some of the many other things they have on their menu such as Calzones, Shrimp and chicken alfredo, Amazing philly steak special, and their special pizzas from the menu. Sorry for the long review but I felt like the only other review wasn't doing this place justice. so here is my short review:

Great food for a very reasonable price, Great service, Very family friendly, Huge variety on the menu, Fast Delivery, Late night open, and they have been in business for over 20 years and still going strong. I think that says it all

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Piedmont, NC
“Nice Place - but not for Pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

First I want to say that I enjoyed visiting Rome Pizza. The place is easy to find, it is clean, it is easy to move around, and the service is very good. So why did I rate it "poor"? After receiving an attractive flyer in the mail, I went to Rome Pizza for their lunch buffet. It is reasonably priced at $5.95. With a drink, it cost about $7.30 for one person to eat. They have a small salad bar, a four-pizza bar, and a small place where you can get pasta, marinara sauce and something that resembled lasagna. I came for the pizza. The pizza was hot and fresh but VERY soft and doughy on the bottom. Although the serving area can only accomodate four pizzas, a couple of the pizzas were half and half which allowed you to taste up to six different types of pizza. The pizzas were routinely replaced as they were eaten so that customers were not left standing with a plate and nothing to eat. You're still asking, "so why such a low rating" and here's why. The flavor. Unfortunately the flavor of the pizza is what I would consider unusually bland. There's no pizazz in the pizza. The crust is flat tasting, the sauce is flat tasting and the other ingredients seemed to be the same. I was saddened because the food LOOKED very appealing. It was the only time I can remember leaving a pizza buffet while I was still hungry. No offense to anyone involved at this restaurant, but the pizza resembled a fund raiser pizza I tasted at a local middle school several years ago. It was just kind of sad. The lone waitress was very busy filling drinks, keeping the food refreshed on the buffet, and taking phone-in orders while the guy who appeared to be the manager just stood behind the counter looking around. I found that kind of strange.
If you are looking for a clean restaurant with good tea and a family atmosphere, this is the place. If you want good food to go with that, you should try another place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere