“Super Irish Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
High Point, NC
“Super Irish Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This small and unassuming little restaurant is such a pleasant surprise. Don't let the outside fool you... its not an Irish pub with basket food. It is a really nice, white linen restaurant on the inside with authentic food served by irish staff. It does have a little pub off to the side, but the food is superb... it's not cheap... but well worth the prices. We love it. The shepherd's pie is a fave of mine. Definitely a sleeper, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012

87% Recommend
“Definitely give it a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have been going to the Claddagh for years. The food and service are always wonderful. The atmosphere is cozy and the bar truly feels like an Irish pub. They also serve brunch on Saturday and Sunday which is always a treat. Definitely give it a try!

• Visited May 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We ate here for my birthday lunch. The decor was nice, the tables had white table cloths, it gave you the feeling you were doing something special. The service was very good, the food was excellent and prepared in a attractive matter. We enjoyed our meal very much and I would definitely go back again.

• Visited February 2012
High Point, NC
“The emerald gem that you pass by every day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have passed this restaurant many times and never ventured in. What a poor choice I have been making all these years...
What a surprise this restaurant is. Its a tidy place, with a ample bar area fitting the image expected of a irish pub. Very woody and plenty of tall stools at the bar.

The restaurant is very spacious for the image you get from the exterior. The seating seems to go on and on. We were seated right away on a friday night. Immediately we were delivered water and the menus and offered a beverage. I chose the Guiness on tap. It arrived with a nice creamy head. The appetizers were appealing but we elected to snack on the warm fresh bread and selected out entrées. Your choice of fresh soup of the day or salad and 2 sides was plenty. An appetizer would have been too much and might have affected my desire to try the desserts.

The bread was served with softened butter, slightly sweetened and went well the irish soda bread. The soft raisins, butter and the coarse bread provided a great taste combo.

My soup was tomato bisque. my dw had the salad. The soup was mild and warm. The texture was smooth and satisfying. The salad was served with baby bitter greens and her selection of the fresh made cranberry vinegrette dressing.

Our entrees arrived soon after we finished our salad, Good timing to the server. My plate consisted of a ample piece of angus filet mounted on a large cookspoon full of garlic mashed potatoes. To the side were the julienned sauteed seasonal vegetables. This is not your average frozen medley but was abviously fresh and creatively made. It was topped with a splash of basalmic dressing. The plate was completed with a bordelaise sauce generously poured over the beef. The beef was excellently cooked. This chef knew his business. I ordered it rare and indeed it was, however the exterior of the piece was nice and crusty to really bring out the roasted beefy flavor. This was definitely one of the best filets ever.

My dw had the chicken florentine, and she said it was good, and quite honestly, after having my dish, nothing could have stood its competition, so my review of that dish is abbreviated.

The blueberry bread pudding is generous and topped with fresh whipped sweetened creme. We shared the ample portion and it topped off an excellent evening. We will return.

• Visited January 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Better than Expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We picked this restaurant for the Irish bar/beer aspect, but were pleasantly surprised by the yummy food. My husband's Ruben was delicious and my blackened chicken salad was really well prepared. The highlight of the meal was the Irish soda bread in the bread basket - wow! And of course the Irish beer and cider were excellent!

Visited September 2011