“Great all around dining” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
high point
“Great all around dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Golden "B" is a great local family restaurant. Along with this comes the fact that this place has the temperment of an entire family. The food is "always" great and the recipes are tried and true with the flavor of down home with the twist of a great chef. I love this place and have taken out of town guests and breakfast parties of 16 without notice and have had the best service. Thank You

• Visited March 2012

High Point, North Carolina
“suoercalifragilesticesbealidosily great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

They just got there luqiour liscense so mixed drinks and cocktails are available. The price for food is reasonable for what your getting. The service is excellent. Smiles all around,

• Visited December 2011
Jamestown
“May it will be better the second time I visit?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I just recently dined at the Golden B in High Point. When we arrived there were no customers in the main dining area at 6:30 PM which is a bad sign.

We were with a group of people and decided to sit in the back of the smaller dining area off the main dining room. There were two waitresses taking care of our group and finally someone took our drink orders.

Very soon after our drinks arrived we ordered and I had the salmon with two vegetables and figured that would be light and great. The waitress brought a small plate with dinner rolls and butter prior to the meal arriving.

When my plate arrived it was huge - not the amount of food - the plate was huge. There was an ample portion of sweet potato casserole and a small dish of squash casserole and then there was the salmon. The piece of salmon was one inch wide and about four inches long.

It was probably the smallest portion of salmon that I have ever gotten in a dining establishment. Also the food wasn't very hot either but we were hungry and decided to chow down. The squash casserole was a litte odd and it had croutons in it for some unknown reason.

We decided to have dessert which consisted of hot (finally something hot) and ice cream. The odd thing was that the pie tasted like onions and I cant really figure out how that happened unless they used a knife they had been cutting onions with.

I will probably go back and try something else but I won't order the salmon again that is for sure. I ddin't get to check with the other diners about how their food tasted. Maybe it was just a bad night and they were thin on salmon.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amston, CT
“Good food, reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

We went to the Golden B for the first time last week and had a wonderful time. We tried the Fried Green Tomatoes, and were very happy; they were tender, lightly fried, and served with a wonderful mustard remoulade (I would have just smeared that on bread and been happy). Our sandwiches for lunch were also very good as well. The prices were extremely reasonable for very high quality ingredients. Everyone in the restaurant was very pleasant and warm. The other guests seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. Looking forward to trying the dinner entrees in the near future!

Asheboro, North Carolina
“were not to take your family”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I was in there the other day. I was never so afended in my whole life. the OWER had such a fowl mouth and the curse words that he was using not only to his staff but also to his own family members. its not a place i would ever take my family or will i ever go again. I mean never ever. I dont suggest for you to go eather. who want to go and try to dine like this.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere