“Consistenly delicous, friendly service in a comfortable atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Roots Incorporated

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Consistenly delicous, friendly service in a comfortable atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We love, love, love Southern Roots! Chef Wes finds a way to make all veggies delicious, and takes regular sides to a whole new level with inventive preparation. Whether you are in the mood for a salad, sandwich, or full on 3 course meal with entree you will be able to find something to suit your fancy. The Salmon is always to die for. My husband adores the steaks, barbeque, and some burger that has pimento cheese on it and bacon.
As far as desserts go I have never been disappointed. The Strawberry Red Velvet cake is an old favorite. Sometimes they have Banana Cheesecake which is an especially delightful treat!

I really love Southern Roots because they not only have great food, but they also go way beyond expectations by treating everyone like family. We can go in with my son on the earlier side of dinner service during the week and they make sure he is happy, well fed, and entertained. He loves it so we do too.

I may go tonight!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent!!! June 12, 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Went at 6pm on Thursday night. From other reviews I was expecting a wait. My wife and I were seated immediately. I had shrimp and grits which was very good, probably the second best I have ever had. Wife had country style steak, lima beans and Mac and cheese. She said it was very good. Service was excellent. A little noisy, but still able to hold a conversation. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Charming venue & delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I were driving home from the US Open today when we popped on Tripadvisor and found Southern Roots. We almost missed the chance to eat there because the restaurant is located in Jamestown, NC not High Point as listed in the description above. Fortunately it took less than 10 minutes for us to get from 119 Main Street in High Point to 119 East Main Street in Jamestown and I am really glad we persevered and made. The restaurant was packed on a Wednesday night which is always a good sign. The menu was full items we wanted to try but I settled on the Flank Steak with homemade fries and macaroni and cheese. My wife had the fish tacos. Both of our meals were great. The service was also fantastic. Brittany was our waitress and she was pleasant, courteous, and prompt. We were stuffed after eating our entrees but still wanted to listen to the desserts. I almost went for the chocolate mouse cup but I would have been miserable driving home. The building is older but very charming. There was a big outdoor fireplace on the rear patio where live music was being performed. If not for the drive home we would had stayed late and had more drinks. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very creative food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Okra pizza? Oh yeah. A 'Billie Bob' sandwich of fried green tomato, Applewood bacon and Gouda pimento cheese on sour dough bread? Amazing flavors, and worth the trip. It was chilly in there so come with a sweater.

Visited June 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Charming, Different, Exciting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My sweetheart and I decided to eat at Southern Roots this past Friday evening (5/23/14). The parking lot was full at 7:15 (one indication of something good). The people waiting and those already seated were happy, friendly, and definitely enjoying themselves and others. The patio area for sitting and dining had a band playing top hits and oldies at an appropriate volume for all ages to enjoy. We decided to eat inside since it was half the wait time. We were seated within 30 minutes. Inside, we found the bar and an eclectic seating arrangement of tables for 2 or 4 (round and square), picnic style tables for larger parties, tasteful decor with lots of burlap lamps, wall hanging dividers and a great ambiance, though noisy. Must have been the cement floor.

But the reason we came was to eat. We ordered the fried zucchini as an appetizer. Wonderful choice. Light and delicious with a creamy sauce obviously made on site. We decided on the okra pizza with roma tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Okra? I'm not kidding and it was excellent.

We will definitely come to this restaurant again. Definitely worth the 30 minute drive to Jamestown from Winston-Salem, NC.

• Visited May 2014