“High Point in High Point, NC” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Asheville
“High Point in High Point, NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a fabulous restaurant! We hesitated to take the 11 mile journey from our downtown hotel to the suburbs but it was well worth the 10 minute drive. Charming atmosphere with peppy tunes and the outdoor seating this time of year was perfect. Took the advice of other advisors and substituted my side of fries that came with my angus beef burger to eggplant fries for an extra $1. So light and airy - nice side dish with the burger. To top off the burger I selected the gouda pimento cheese that was just as heavenly. Penny our server was A-1. This is just one of many business trips to High Point and we will definitely be back to try more of this creative menu. PS The beer selection was great and came really cold with a really cold glass..... A-1.

Jamestown, NC
“Worth the drive to Jamestown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Southern roots is a family owned business that always pleases. The sauteed okra is a staple and sure to make you a lover of the vegetable. They are open for both lunch and dinner. The sandwiches are great combinations of southern favorites that are really flavorful!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best Kept Secret In the Triad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is your ideal restaurant!! Great food and great atmosphere! Its laid back enough to feel at home and relaxed, but nice enough for an adult evening. Can't say enough on how good the food is!! Great, great music. All around one of the best!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Seriously?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I know so many people that make a huge deal out of Southern Roots. I have been there several times, and am not from the area. I have to say, the food is overcomplicated. Like the last time I was there, they served okra. Now, I have had my mother's and lots of other restaurant's okra -- fried, boiled and pickled. It's great. So, why roast okra and burn it? Not sure, but that was my last time at Southern Roots. I know people who rave, and it was one of my wife's old hang outs. Not for me and I'll take my okra the old fashioned way -- edible.

Visited December 2012
pahredhead
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Not the normal menu - great fresh food with a Southern flavor. Had the shrimp and grits - wonderful!!

Visited January 2013