“Very disorganized and unfriendly” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Stokesdale, North Carolina
“Very disorganized and unfriendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been long time customers of this establishment since they opened as a matter of fact. It is almost always not busy and ank goodness because if they have a little bit of business they don't know how to handle it. This is the second time we have been on a busy evening and two times they have made us angry with the lack of service and organization. Fool us once shame on you, but you are not going to fool us again. Never will we come back for hibachi, ever. We were quoted an hour wait and we had a group wi 4 children so we thought that would push it but we could wait. Yea, 1 hour turned into 1 and a half hours and THEN we waited another hour once seated before even beginning the cooking process! This became a 4 hour dining experience with children ranging in age from 6 to 9! Worst ever! Then to beat it all, another table who were seated well after ours got the drinks and food before us. My husband let the staff know but they did nothing to compensate for this. The bar staff were helpful and kept checking on when we would be seated because we had been there so long. He even checked on us afterwards. My husband let him know he was the only good ing that night. They have lost business from 8 people here. Way to go. We will also spread the word to everyone we know. $80 for a miserable evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Newport, NC
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went here on a whim because it happened to be open and we happened to be hungry. Overall, it was great. I had the shrimp, my husband had the chicken, two of the kids had the steak, one had vegetables. It comes with soup or salad and, although I wish I'd asked for my dressing on the side because they tend to put way too much for me, it was all excellent food. I was not too enthralled with them sitting 4 extra people at our table but apparently that is what they do at this type of place. The people who were seated with us were nice enough, though, and the guy doing the cooking was very efficient. Bottom line, if I were in the area, I'd go again but not for lunch because it's way too much food for lunch and way too expensive for lunch. Dinner time is the right time to go to Fire and Sticks :)

Visited December 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Food ok.....service terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

If you serve mediocre food but have great service I do not feel slighted. Mediocre food and terrible service are unacceptable. Will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
High Point, North Carolina
“Sushi before dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Sushi bar is great. Hibachi was good but not great for the price. Go for the sushi bar normally no wait and the chef is excellent.

Visited September 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent sushi and good other menu items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The sushi bar is great, and the traditional menu items are for the most part, very good. We liked the tuna rolls amd the specials during the week.

Visited November 2012