“Glad I had a groupon otherwise I wouldn't have been happy” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Steak Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 243 restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Glad I had a groupon otherwise I wouldn't have been happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had always wanted to try dinner at Steak Street, but just had never gotten around to it with so many other choices in the Triad. When I was planning a special night out for my boyfriend’s birthday and came across a groupon for dinner for two I thought, this is it! First and foremost, we did not have a bad experience. Our server Rob was spot on perfect, the hostess, and the server that moved us from a section we didn't want to sit in due to the volume of the live music were great too. So, A++ for service, but beyond that it just didn't live up to my expectations. And what were those you might ask? Well, I knew I might encounter just what I did from other reviews, but I tried to keep an open mind. If you typically only dine at Outback, PF Changs, etc. you may find this above par, but it is about the same as most chain restaurants (nothing wrong those usually). The table ware is the first dead give away....they were as a light as what you would find at K&W. The linens, tables, chairs, decor, etc are not fine dinning. I for some reason expected to have more of a fine dinning experience than a bistro atmosphere. I love bistros at bistro prices. Our food was O.K. I got the cowboy ribeye with very salty garlic potatoes (very very garlic”ie” mashed potatoes) and my boy friend got the prime rib. Let’s just say that nothing was bad and the onion rings were the high light of the night....sad to say this when even with a groupon for 55% off of dinner I spent $120.00! (We each had two drinks and dessert) Now that I know what to expect I can adjust my expectations for my experience. I will go back for the half price wine specials and onion rings...maybe, but definitely not for dinner. I can make a better and much cheaper steak at home.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Steak S, Manager at Steak Street, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Please accept our apologies that out decor, tables, linens did not meet your expectations. However, we are so glad that Rob took really good care of you. He always makes our guests feel very comfortable. Since you prefer Bistro type restaurants, I hope you will ask to sit in our Bistro area when you choose to dine with us again. Our outdoor Bistro is very popular this time of year! Please ask for me, Diann and of course your favorite server, Rob when you return so that we can ensure you get the best service and Bistro area we have to offer. Thank you again for your feedback as it serves to help us become that much better!!

Diann

66% Recommend
Randleman, North Carolina
“Good food, POOR service, overall not worth the money, glad we Grouponed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I will say the food was very tasty, my wife had the Tbone and I had the prime rib, we had the voodoo shrimp appetizer which was also very good. We were seated immediately with reservations, on 5/25/13 at 7 pm in the outside patio area. Our waitress was SLOW to say the least, we were at the restaurant from 7pm to 830pm to have an app, salad, an entree. A BIT LONG in my opinion, the waits between courses were way to much! Our waitress appeared to be working the bigger table of 8 or 10 better than us, I guess expecting a better tip. I will say I don't mind tipping good service but I will not be obligated to tip %10 or more just because it's customary. To put it into perspective, a table of 4 was seated (not by our waitress) after my wife and I (2) people, and was given bread sticks which we were not, was brought every course of the meal before us, and alcohol. I wish we had their waitress, who we had to constantly asked for things since ours was entertaining the large crowd. I will say for what our pre groupon meal total was, $88.00, I would be incensed! It is what it is, we paid $41 for what I feel like was an irritating time, we have never been here before, and will never go back, and honestly cannot suggest anyone go here! Sorry but if the service comes on board with the food they may have something. One last thought, for an almost $100 dinner, they could staff enough on a Saturday night for everyone to have great service. That's my complaint!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Steak S, Manager at Steak Street, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about our service staff here at Steak Street. I apologize that our staff did not give you the excellent service that we have become known for. Again, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and ask that you give me a call upon your next visit to Steak Street so that I may specifically address your needs to your utmost satisfaction.

Diann
High Point, North Carolina
“Tough Chicken”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love this restaurant but on 5/26/13 the food was awful the waiter was wonderful but the chicken breast was like leather!!!

Visited May 2013
Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
“Disappointed for the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I don't mind spending big money on a fancy dinner .. but I want to be impressed and Steak Street just doesn't do it.. Most of us ordered the two-fer where you pick two entree items and get one side and a salad for $29.. the center cut sirloin that we were served was a really odd cut of meat and not at all tender or tasty.. Service was a little below average considering we were not even offered kids menus even though we had small children in our party. Several diners were asked if they wanted their item "oscar style" or done a particualr way but not advised that this mean an additional $12 to the entree. My brother had one glass of wine and an entree and it ended up costing $60. For a really nice steak dinner.. Out West in Kernersville is a much better bet with better food and better service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Steak S, Manager at Steak Street, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate with us regarding your recent dining experience At Steak Street. Please accept my most sincere apologies for not delivering on the level of service and quality that we are capable of and that you and your guests deserve. Most guest, who have a good or bad experience, or don't like a particular product, procedure or service, don't take the time to let us know. I would personally like to thank you for the feedback, and hopefully you will allow us the opportunity to show you that we can deliver a awesome dining experience. I would love for you to come back and give us another chance. Next time you dine with us, please print this email and we will buy you an appetizer of your choice. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you in the future!
greensboro, nc
“Nice place for anniv./prom/any special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I went there for Valentine's Day for the first time and really enjoyed it. Filet Mignon cooked perfectly, garlic mashed pot.,creamy baked potatoe. Nice salad w/cranberries & pecans. Good choc cake. Liked it so much, we returned for our Anniversary. Everything was great with one exception...the bread pudding was overcooked, dark brown on the bottom, dry, and the bourbon sauce was overpowering. Wish I had read the previous review before we went. Would stick with the choc. cake :). Love the atmosphere...dim lighting, lights strung throughout the restaurant, 2nd floor balcony....even have live musician at night. Very romantic. We would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013