“A little gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 245 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Café, Creperie
Description: We are a small cafe that holds 17 to 20 guests and all of our crepes are made to order. The penny Path is not a quick fix, if you have 10 folks in front of you expect to wait a little for your turn;) We offer sweet and savory crepes as well as made to order Coffee Drinks. Our savory menu is all vegetable and cheese based. We offer one main savory Crepe, the "Kitchen Sink" which contains a little of all the savory ingredients we carry. Guests can also create their own savory crepe with the available ingredients. Anyone of our Crepe Cooks can also be trusted to be let loose to create whatever they feel like for you, commonly know here as the "Trust Me" Crepe.
Cary, North Carolina
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are looking for a great friendly small restaurant, particularly one that isn't your typical small town southern fare, then this is your place. The crepes are great! You can watch them cooked right behind the bar and talk about the meaning of life with the owner/cook as he works his magic. Tasty, healthy, a bit exotic maybe. I really felt like someone had dropped me off in Europe someplace. If the place is busy you might have to wait a bit for your food, but its worth it.

Visited July 2013

Bristol, Tennessee, United States
“An Interesting Little Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I were in High Point and Jamestown, N.C. area a couple weeks ago and asked around about where to have lunch. I had seen this Penny Path Cafe online before we went on the trip and it was mentioned by several when we asked around. So, we decided to have lunch there. It's located in downtown High Point. They serve "crepes" in many different choices. I had never eaten a crepe and was I pleasantly surprised as how good it was, actually wonderful. I only rated this little gem four stars, mainly because the day we were there they for some reason was out of ham, meats and only serving vegetable type crepes. I was really for leaving, but I could tell that my wife wanted to try it, so we did. Let me just say that I'm so happy that I did not miss eating at this restaurant. If I had, I would not know what a great restaurant this really is. The owner and his daughter were the only ones that worked in the place. The whole time he was making crepes he talked about everything...from showing us how he made them (you could actually watch him as he cooked out front) to his customers, just talked and it was fun. I said this was a tiny little gem and that's because it only seated about 6 or 7 at the counter and had maybe 6 tables around the outside. He did tell us, that he wanted it small, but was moving to a much larger place very soon, but still small in comparsion to what you would think a restaurant would be. We will definitely go back the next time we visit the High Point area, which is an excellent place if your furniture shopping as the "worlds largest furniture store is in Jamestown, NC which is a suburb, actually you cannot tell when you leave High Point and enter Jamestown.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Imperial Beach, California
“The Kitchen Sink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Fantastic creeps - both savory and sweet. They are currently unable to serve meat crepes but the "Kitchen Sink" Crepe has a wonderful combination of mushrooms, tomatoes, hummus, artichokes and other wonderful ingredients. Don't miss it!

High Point NC 27265
“Small but unbelievable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My Wife and I went to Lunch today at this High Point Gem.
The savory Crepes were beyond belief. Don't let the industrial surroundings fool you. If you are anywhere near High Point this is not to be missed!

High Point, North Carolina
“A High Point jewel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have had a "brunch" there several times and always enjoyed the food. The owner speaks German and some German customers were in the cafe having a conversation with him. I went there today only to find that it is closed! A sign on the window says a new menu is coming. I hope it doesn't mean we have lost our creperie so quickly!

• Visited April 2013