“Good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 245 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I've visited a few times and each time the food was great. Service was mediocre. Ill be back for the food!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Home town breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Tex and Shirley's has been here forever and if I really want to celebrate breakfast at any time of the day....this is where I go....the pancakes are great and I can get them any way I want them...love the banana and pecan pancakes......this is a place where comfort food is served....the interior is a bit dated but if you just want a down home breakfast, you will get it here...

Visited December 2012
High Point, North Carolina
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our family visited Tex and Shirley's a couple of times now. Its just a good place for breakfast. They have a large menu with many options. My favorite is the omlette's. I would recommend Tex and Shirley's and look forward to coming back.

Visited November 2012
Glendale, Arizona
“A real breakfast place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

It was either this one or the one in Greensboro. But I bet both are good. The waiter was patient with our questions since we're still new to Southern cooking. We love to try new things. It was nice to have a mature and kind waiter. It was clean and comfortable. My husband said the coffee was very good. A real good filler-upper. I was tempted to the pumpkin pancakes.

Visited December 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Horrible Service, food only slightly better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is the first and last visit to the restaurant. Walked in the door and was promptly greeted by "no one". Stood there for a couple of minutes and someone finally showed up to seat us. After sitting for about 5 minutes the waitress showed up to get a drink order, came back a few minutes later and we ordered the standard breakfast fare. Eggs, bacon pancakes etc. The food was okay, nothing especially noteworthy nor was it horrible either, except for the fact that they had the very worst "maple syrup" I've ever eaten. Anyway we finished and left to pay. The lady running the cash register was texting when we came up to pay. For a solid minute and a half she never even glanced up but just kept texting. Finally we paid and also commented about how poor the syrup was and she said nothing. We left and will never return. BTW, they do not accept American Express cards.

• Visited January 2013