“More than Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 243 restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“More than Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Good music playing, local art and items decorating the room and also for sale, the smells of quality coffee and espresso in the air, and a koi pond/fountain right in the middle of the room. There can not be many coffee shops more pleasant and welcoming than DeBeen. None of the furniture matches, the colors are loud and crazy, but it somehow works and makes anyone feel like they fit in. The coffee was delicious, as were the pastries/muffins. We were greeted as soon as we walked in, and the barista was very helpful, giving us a list of yes/no questions and coming up with the perfect drink for us. I don't know if it's just southern hospitality, but I've never met someone so friendly and helpful. I felt like a regular on my first visit! I will definitely go back!

• Visited February 2012