“Here comes Wyndham” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham High Point

You added Wingate by Wyndham High Point to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham High Point
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3901 Sedgebrook Street, High Point, NC 27265 (Formerly Ashford Suites Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in High Point
San Diego CA
“Here comes Wyndham”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The property has been sold to Wyndham and is undergoing renovation. It needs it so that is a good thing. I booked a lower rate than surrounding properties knowing work was going on. It did not bother me and while use, the noise was tolerable. They had display boards showing what the new carpet and wallpaper will look like. Hope it turns out good. The key for me though was just how friendly everyone was. It made a difference. I will likely stay again after the remodel is done. There is no jacuzzi and the ones in the room are just not up to snuff. Pool is small but nice. The property was quite clean given the construction

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at the Ashford Suites Hotel for 1 week in Sept 2013 on a business trip. One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had! The hotel is obviously going through some Major renovations, but the entire experience was handled poorly by management. On my first day they decided to replace the carpets in the hallway on my floor. Now you would think that they would have moved the people off of this floor, as the hotel was not full, but that did not seem to be an issue for them! Gone all day I come back to a hallway that is sticky with glue residue, and they have moved on to replacing the wall paper on the same floor! All the room numbers are laying on the floor, not a big issue for me because I had the pleasure of being in the room right next to the elevator! On day 2 I come back to a septic truck parked in the main entrance with his septic encrusted hoses running right through the main lobby!!!! Had to hold my nose just to make it to the elevator. Could not eat breakfast the next day because the smell was still there, when asked why the front doors where closed instead of open to air the place out, the Manager stated that he did not want the air conditioning to get out!! Are you kidding me!!! I do not care if they turn this place into the Taj Mahal....I will never be back!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Guilford County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at The Ashford a number of times and found it to be uniquely different from any other hotel in the area. Each room has a working fireplace! The king rooms also have a two-person garden which is roomy and very relaxing after a long day of traveling or working. An excellent hot breakfast awaits the guests each morning. The staff from the breakfast man and housekeepers to the management are friendly and helpful. The value is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Colfax, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Room was not the cleanest, bedspread had cigarette bun holes in it. The sliding doors from the shower into the room was not the greatest and at night if you went in the bathroom the light shined through the doors into the room. When I booked the room I asked about AAA discount, but when we checked in I forgot. At check out (13 hrs later), I asked about it and was told no they probably already have it posted. A let me see, I will check, or some sort of interest in helpfulness would have been appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Middlebury Center, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My room was small and dirty. I had to scrub the bathtub before my kids could take a bath. The refrigerator in our room was tiny and barely worked. The pool is tiny...the smallest hotel pool I have ever seen. Overall, I was not pleased.

• Stayed July 2013
business traveller
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the Ashford Suites Hotel for a week.
The front desk staff seemed disinterested in providing information and very low energy. No mention of where to eat locally or the hotel events (later saw a sign in lobby regarding events when waiting for someone). The hotel itself is on the verge of being vintage in design. It is also sort of dirty feeling with stains everywhere.
Two positives are the breakfast is nice and the shower heads are old school (not the rain version that saves water).
Annoyances included room cards constantly not working (I kept them away from things that would erase them), cups and plates for breakfast are all styrofoam (seems super un-green), and no real care that an obviously disturbed (for lack of a better term) transient was wondering the hallways. The staff's way of looking for him was to wait for him to appear again in the lobby (I was on top floor when I encountered him). The staff did not inquire if maybe I was freaked out by having come across and then riding elevator with transient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
High Point, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was so excited about staying at Ashford Suites a co-worker spoke very highly of the hotel,I made reservation maybe four days in advance,for my anniversary it was a surprise to my husband.Well the afternoon came we checked in the place was packed with children from a soccer tournament and they were out of control!!! At first we said we could handle the kids because they would quite down after playing soccer all day.Not!!!We went to dinner at a restaurant that was walking distance (Steak Street)and returned to find out that the a/c and the refrigerator was not working in our room!!! Thye front desk offered us a bucket of ICE!!! To make a long story short we checked out and we were only there for two hours!!! I asked for a refund and was told I would have to wait until the Manager returned on Tuesday!!! So I don't know if I am going to get my money back!!!!I I will never stay at this place!!! I hope I get my cash back if not I will file a complaint with the BBB!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wingate by Wyndham High Point? Share your experiences!