“Excellent food at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 243 restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Barbecue
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Excellent food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you love pork BBQ and good prices, BBQ Joes is the place for you! The menu is extensive and the evening we were there, the place was packed with happy people chowing down on everything you can imagine. We had the pork BBQ topped with coleslaw, but the homemade meatloaf and chicken fried steak also looked delicious, and there were lots of orders of onion rings served up. I also tried their Brunswick stew, which was top-notch. And the prices were very reasonable. This is a great place for folks of all ages who want a good meal, and especially good for families with kids because the service is friendly and very fast.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Best BBQ Bang for Your Buck! Best hush puppies ever made!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel front-desk staff at the Archdale Country-Inn recommended this restaurant as the best value, best barbeque in the area. They were absolutely correct! I have visited BBQ Joe's three times returning from or going to NC Greensboro. While the decor is a bit dated and seating tight, the food is classic all-American comfort food and fantastic authentic barbeque. The portions are humungous (forgive my use of non-words--but they are what comes to mind). On our first trip we had the ribs and fried sole but passed on the brisket . The waiter/greeter overheard us remarking that we wished we had tried that as well--he proceeded to bring us a generous sample on the house. And, when I asked him for the secret recipe for the carolina peppery BBQ sauce, he brought us a complementary bottle (but never did give me their recipe)! Now, that is customer service! The hushpuppies are ginormous (another non-word), light, and frankly, a legitimate excuse to fall-off the fat-free wagon. Their daily specials are great for families on a budget - I think you could feed a family of four for under $20 here. I heard a rumor that the owner came from a famous Greensboro bbq name, which I have also tried, because he felt he could do it better---well, Joe, you did! Please don't change. A new fan!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“BBQ at it's best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff(smile every time), food customized the way you like it. They offer many, many styles of sauces. Huge hush puppies(look like donuts). 2 different styles of slaw for your taste. Just love it over all! Try it for the BBQ or for a great smile.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“Going back for more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Unexpectedly delicious! The pulled pork, sweet potatoes, hush puppies, fried corn on the cob, Mac and cheese, brownies, ribs, chicken, all were amazing, delivered quickly and with a smile. Prices can't be beat. This is a simple no frills everyone welcome joint. Try the different sauces to find your favorite. I liked that my pulled pork sandwich arrived with sauce on the side instead of drowning in it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best BBQ in Triad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to go for BBQ in High Point. All the food is good. I have never had a bad experience. Staff is friendly and fast. Daily special but I prefer the BBQ beef brisket. It is the best I have ever had! Veggies are good too try the apples and Mac' n cheese.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere