“Long-term guest” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
“Long-term guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Biltmore Suites Hotel for several months as a long-term guest. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff is very friendly and personable. The staff knows my name and takes pride in the property. Updated rooms, new flat screen televisions, brand new beds, and new spacious refrigerators have all been big improvements I have observed first hand. The hotel is located in a quiet and safe professional district away from the loud freeway, but conveniently situated as to allow quick access to all major routes. Excellent restaurants are directly across the street and well as several gas stations. Free Wi-Fi and grab-and-go breakfast are great perks. As compared to other higher end hotels, the Biltmore Suites offers a lot without the inflated price. If you are looking for a very nice hotel without the high price, then I recommend this place. Especially, if you are needing short-term or extended stay rates, the management is great and will work with you. I plan on staying for even a longer term than originally scheduled. High marks!

Room Tip: No smoking rooms are available. Free parking and shuttle to major local events.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andy F, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are so fortunate to have such loyal guests and nothing makes us more happy as a team to hear of wonderful experiences. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
High Point, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wife stayed there on june 1st and the wifi was spotty at best, jacuzzi didn't work, stains on the couch and the bathroom counter, the mini fridge was warm. In short, just not worth it, I've stayed in this hotel years ago and it was wonderful then.........they need alot of work to bring this property back to what it was.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Andy F, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please know that we are in the process of renovating and updating our rooms. We are updating all of our appliances and we are also upgrading our internet service and speed. I hope that you will return again as I know that you will will be pleased with the changes that we are making. If you do, please reach out to me personally to assist you in any way.
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the warm welcome at check-in to the extremely clean, excellent room to the pet friendly environment it is hard to see what more anyone would want in a "travel hotel." Everyone was extremely friendly, everything in the room worked and was pristine, and after the night of horror spent at the Florence, SC EconLodge we'd endured on the same trip, this Biltmore Suites Hotel was like paradise by comparison. We will go out of our way to stay at this hotel again! HIGHLY recommend it, and it's wonderful staff!!!

Room Tip: Simply book a room at this hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for being so kind as to share your good experiences here at the Biltmore Suites Hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and received lots of rest and joy our of your visit. Please come back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

we decided to stay here for Market because of the positive reviews on Google and because of the location close to High Point. bad decision. there is absolutely nothing good about this property. the lady at check-in spent more time joking around with her co-worker than checking me in. the entire 3rd floor smells terribly of smoke, including our room. we had to keep the window open and turn the heat on just to be able to breathe and stay warm at the same time. the bathroom was filthy and disgusting. someone's dirty, used scrubber gloves were left in the shower. the bed was incredibly old with springs poking out. we left a day early even though we had prepaid for 3 nights and couldn't get a refund because it was too terrible to go back. beware!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andy F, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I am sorry to hear of your experience. I would love to have spoken to you about this in person before you left however, we value your feedback and will use it to make strides to improve our service. Please know that we are in the process of renovating the entire hotel so great things are on the way and we hope that you will come back in the future to have an entirely different experience.
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just returned from 4 night stay for Highpoint Furniture Market. My traveling partner and I both had really clean rooms, comfy beds and incredible service. The Guys (Andy, Steve and Justin) took great care of us. We requested and got many rides to and from market/dinner and each time the guys were so positive and professional. Our first morning the van had a mechanical problem and Justin drove us in his personal vehicle...great service!
We will gladly stay for next market!
Jim K

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor North side were very quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very thankful that you took the time to share your experiences. We had a successful Furniture Market and we hope you did as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the Fall!
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am late writing this review, but my experience is one people should know about. My fiance and I booked a jacuzzi suite at this hotel for valentine's day weekend. What was supposed to be a much needed get away ended up being a big disappointment. The bathroom was nasty! There were stains on the floor around the toilet. It is apparent that they believe in patching rather than replacing, but their patch work around the vanity and jacuzzi was a mess. The inside of the jacuzzi had a large are where the tile had been damaged that was painted over. The tile on the floor beside the bed was cracked. The refrigerator was full of mold and mildew. When I returned to the front desk to let them know I didn't want the room and why the young lady said that she was aware of how nasty some of the rooms were so she understood. When she reviewed my reservation she told me that they didn't have any other rooms available and she wouldn't be able to give me a refund because I booked online. I told her she needed to contact a manager because I was not going to accept that. She called her manager told him/her my complaints and after realizing that I booked my room on their website they reversed my reservation. The manager instructed her to get may name and information because he was going to follow up with me and send me something for my inconvenience which two months later they have yet to do so. As frequent travelers we were lucky that we lived close, but know this would have been an even greater upset if we were visiting from out of town. The lack of follow through from the manager was even more insulting. The Ashford Suites directly across the street would be the better choice. Never again will I book this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy F, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your experience. Please know that we value your feedback and strive to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stays with us. We are in the process of completely remodeling all of our rooms which will make a huge impact on every guest's experience moving forward. As the General Manager, I am deeply upset that we did not keep all of our promises to you and wish that I would have been able to speak with you in person to resolve these issues in a professional manner. looking to the future, our renovation includes updates to the room in terms of color scheme and comfort level as well as full bathroom remodel. I hope that you would consider visiting with us again to try out our new look and feel in the near future.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

do not stay here not only were some of my valuables stolen but my so called schduled airport shuttle never showed!! I almost missed my flight becasue of them. the place is noisey and very very dirty! When i informed the front desk clerk all her said is that there has been problems like this before. Didnt offer to help in any way all he recommended was for me to write this review!!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andy F, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com and for reaching out to our management team. I am sorry that we were unable to locate the items from your room. I also apologize for the staffing issue that resulted in difficulty finding you transportation. We have updated our list of transportation companies to use as back-up just for when occasional situations such as this arise. I have taken this unfortunate opportunity to retrain and coach our staff so that, hopefully we can minimize issues like this in the future. We greatly value reviews like this and view them as a measurement tool to better our service. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Been to Biltmore Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!