“I stay once a week...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Hickory

You added Red Roof Inn Hickory to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Hickory
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1184 Lenoir Rhyne Boulevard, I-40 at Lenoir Rhyne Boulevard, Exit #125, Hickory, NC 28602   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Hickory
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“I stay once a week...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

As a result of my job I have to stay one night a week in Hickory, NC.. I found a cupon for Red Roof Inn in a travel cupon book. The price was reasonable so I figured I would give it a try... I have been staying there for nearly two years now.. In comparison to other hotels of the same calibur it ranks at the top.. No its no Ritz Carlton but I am also not paying 150.00 to 200.00 dollars a night for the rooms... The rooms have always been clean and the guest services personnel are just awesome... I enjoy great conversation with several of them each and everytime I check in and out...The General Manager is a real Sweet Lady and very Helpful.. I sleep well during my stays. I am the type person that would pay a little more and stay eles where if I was not happy there. I ahve read several of the other reviews and I will assure you the major complaints are peoiple comparing this hotel with a 200.00 dollar a night hotel.. If this hotel revamped to accommodate as those do you would pay 200.00 here as well... If you are comparing apples to apples its in the top of its class..I do wish they had a pool but hey we can't always have everything in life we want now can we... I am very happy with Red Roof Inn , Hickory , NC...
Thanks Staff
Ron G.

Room Tip: I really like staying on the front side of the front building...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. I have shared your compliments with the staff. Thank you for staying with us for nearly 2 years now we value your business. Robyn Ingalls-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Bern, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Newly redecorated? All I really noticed was the TV was upgraded to a flat screen. The heat is on the wall and the a/c is by the window. Room either got to cold or to hot, no way to make it comfortable. Stay in the front, less highway noise. Good location easy off and on to intersection. Pobably not very comfortable for more than 1 night.

Room Tip: Stay in Front Rooms, less highwway noise. Right next door to Starbucks..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We were pleased with our room. This was our first stay in a pet friendly hotel as we were returning from picking up a new puppy. The room was clean and fresh and we noticed nothing that would lead us to be aware that other pets had been in the room before.
The staff was very friendly and service was quick and efficient.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at this place on Feb 17th. The guy that was at the front desk was extremely rude and had it not been for the lady in the morning who was so thoughtful and pleasant, I would have not gone back. I think her name was Jennifer and she was very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. Her willingness to go above and beyond is what made me reconsider not coming back.

• Stayed February 2012
Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I am writing this to say that I stayed at your establishment Saturday the 2\18 and I was surprised at how nice your lobby looked even though it isnt finished in yet. The lady at the front desk Monika in formed me that your rooms had been newly redecorated and that you had some very nice new flat screen.I was glad to walk into the room and to find that the room did not smell of possible cigarette smoke for I am a non smoker. Monika informed of many discounts I could possible get and the websites to go through.She was great help and told me about the redicard membership. House keeper did a great job with the room.I will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Decatur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We wanted to visit the Furniture stores in Hickory. We chose this hotel near the interstate. It is just a basic motel room. We asked for a discount and was told no discounts available for the weekend November 11. It was cool and we thought a cup of coffee would be nice. After we took baths and changed in to bedtime clothes, we could not find the coffee maker. We called the desk and was told that coffee was available in the lobby. Walking to the desk required more clothes change--we did without. Also no breakfast of any kind available at hotel but it is behind Starbucks and close to Bonjangles. It was priced less than other hotels nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Me and my daughter came here for a one night stay, hoping for a decent, clean, spacious room. We got a small, crowded, non-handicapped accesbile, dirty room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies that the request for a handicapped room was not honored. I have addressed the spot on the heating panel with the appropriate staff member and am confident that extra attention will be taken to ensure that the panels are clean from now on. I appreciate your business and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to win back your business. This month we begin our renovations which will include new pillow top mattresses, new furniture and flat screen TV’s. Robyn Ingalls-GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Hickory? Share your experiences!