“100% Satisfaction is a Lie” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Hickory
Chesapeake, Virginia
“100% Satisfaction is a Lie”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were very happy with the room and how clean the hotel was. Pretty impressive and close to where we were doing a meeting. When we booked the hotel I sent a note asking if my wife can stay past check out until I was finished with a meeting. Check out is normally at 12 I had asked for the room until 2:30. All other hotels we have ever stayed with in the Hilton group has honored simple requests like this in the past. When I checked in I confirmed the request with the night manager and she confirmed the request and said she would make a note for house keeping. I am now walking into my meeting and get a call from my wife that she was kicked out by the manager because housekeeping didn't approve of the request? What a manager at a hotel is kicking out regular guest because of housekeeping? Now I am pissed having trouble focusing while my wife is wondering around in a strange city. Barnes & Noble is hospitable and she is enjoying the books and a company who wants guests. Hampton Inn is now officially anti-guest in my book. Refuse to book at this hotel and will be calling HILTON HONORS to complain.

We called the Hilton Honors main number and they said that they have three days to respond. I let this sit for a day and still upset that this acting manager didn't have the ability to think further than the next sale. The hotel is very large and yes they were busy but holding off to support a request from a guest was not going to shut the hotel down. People have a hard 3pm check in time and she was turning early check in away in the same nasty manner. So I believe it might not be the hotel's fault for the bad service but the persons inability to handle stress situations. I would suggest they send her to hospitality 101 and maybe not leave her alone to make decisions because the other person she turned away was also a Hilton Honors member and submitting a complaint.

A hundred ways to handle the situation and she failed to pursue one positive solution. But successfully upset a few guests.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joseph A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hickory, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I have to say that I agree with you 100%! We dropped the ball on this one big time. We were extremely busy and my housekeeping staff dictated terms to our front desk staff member who was apparently not handling herself in a manner in which we expect at our property. You can see from our other reviews that this is not the norm for our property. I apologize that we failed miserably in your case and I assure you that this situation is being addressed with our staff. We take great pride in the hospitality we offer at our property and situations like these are a disappointment to my entire staff. Again, I am very sorry.

My front office manager also sent you an apology email and we have refunded you for your stay. I hope that you will give our property and our brand another opportunity to provide you with the service you have grown accustomed to at Hilton properties.

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Due to a last minute change in plans I called the hotel, asked them to look up my HHonors account. They accommodated and from my HHonors account made my reservation. Very simple and well appreciated due to driving conditions and time. Desk person was very, very nice and prompt in my request. Well pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wow...what a fabulous place the Hampton Inn in Hickory, NC is! If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would. SO clean, so quiet, so safe, so convenient, great breakfast, great workout area, great indoor pool. You must stay here!!! So close to Lenoir-Rhyne & shopping. One of the nicest places I have stayed in quite awhile!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Holly Ridge, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was the last stop during my relocation. The property is beautiful and the staff is very proud of their hotel and reputation. They go thaty extra step or two for every guest. If you're in this area, this would be my choice.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the back side of the hotel if you're a light sleeper. This property faces the Inte...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
North Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in late September on a vacation to North Carolina. The room was very large and had a lot of room to move around which I really liked. And the room got really cold at night (good air conditioner) which was great as we like to sleep in a cold room. This was my best nights sleep of our entire trip. Huge shower but it took FOREVER for the water to warm up and even then it wasn't hot. I mentioned this to the front desk and they were going to check into this. We only stayed one night so I don't know if this was corrected. I may be overly critical as I like a really hot shower. A good selection of items at breakfast including cut up fresh fruit which we never see. Yogurt and other healthy choices too. Helpful front desk also recommended a local restaurant for dinner which was excellent. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
greenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice hotel. It's a new hotel, located close to the location I was going to for business. The staff was wonderful - friendly, accommodating, and very helpful. For example, the lady checking in gave me directions to several restaurants. Helpful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

JeremyS73
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night as part of a road trip through the Carolina's. I had measured expectations but was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of our stay. The welcome was warm and friendly, with knowledgeable recommendations about the local area. The room was quiet, spotlessly clean and beautifully kept. The inn is still new, but there are lot's of thoughtful little touches and flourishes which really lifts this above other similar accommodations. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Hickory? Share your experiences!