“Marvelous Cauliflower Fritters” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Hickory, North Carolina
“Marvelous Cauliflower Fritters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

A couple of weeks ago I visited for the first time since the reopen. Lovely place. I enjoyed browsing through the store and food we ordered for lunch was outstanding. My friend suggested we split the cauliflower fritters for an appetizer. Sounded good but they were awesome! Melt in your mouth. Everything we got was delicious and the Spumoni cake I ordered for dessert? Delicious but it took me 3 days to eat it. Literally! My only disappointment was that our server seemed very rushed and she did not seem knowledgeable about the menu. My friend asks a lot of questions and our server and to keep going to ask. She couldn't answer a simple "is this good?" question. But she was friendly and she tried. Over all it was a good experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is an amazing place. It is a new restaurant that is redefining greatness. My wife and I came hear on a date night. I had the Boston meatloaf with Gorgonzola Brussels sprouts, an garlic Gouda shells and cheese. Seriously the best meatloaf I have every had. ( including my own) the wait staff was great and they have a amazing fresh market in the front of the store. Every is made from regional good and made fresh from scratch. We finished the night with tiramisu which was amazing. You have to try this place!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Happy we found it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

WOW! We went furniture shopping in Hickory so we probably won't be returning any time soon BUT I would drive back just to revisit this restaurant. Excellent experience, excellent food. The staff at the front door were gracious, our waitress, Meghan, was extremely upbeat, fun & patient with all our questions. We shared the beet and arugula salad and they split it prior to serving us. It was beyond a generous portion as a split salad which we were thrilled with since we both were starving. My husband ordered the Irish Burger and I the scallops and risotto. The scallop presentation was something you would expect out of a very fancy high end restaurant and I highly recommend them. We ended the evening with a dessert (though we were full) because everything is made on site--so we could not resist. Pricing is very reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Connelly Springs
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went to dinner last night at the Old Hickory Station and had the shrimp and grits. All I can say is YUMMMMMM!!! The food was delicious the bartenders were efficient and extremely nice (we sat at the bar) and I can't wait to go back. This is the second time I have been there and both times were a great success.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stuart,FL
“Restaurant Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A very nice Experience In the old train station Depot. Good food reasonably priced. I would go back again when I am in Hickory, North Carolina

Visited October 2013