“Selection, selection, selection!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Shopping in Hickory
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Hickory Furniture Mart is the ultimate furniture destination. Choose from countless styles and collections at affordable North Carolina prices. You’ll find some of the most reputable manufacturers, designers and expert craftsmen within the furniture industry. Open to the public six days a week, Monday – Saturday from 9am-6pm. Discounted Shop & Stay packages are available at our pet friendly partner hotels. Find out why people travel from all over the world to visit Hickory Furniture Mart.
Hickory, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“Selection, selection, selection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We furnished our entire condo from the Hickory Furniture Mart when we moved to Hickory last year. There are over one-hundred stores in the Mart so it is unlikely you that you would not find what you are looking for. My only advise is get there early so you have time to browse all those stores.

Visited August 2012

Midwest
26 attraction reviews
“Essential Things to Know Before Shopping Here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After spending upwards of $30,000 at the Mart, we've learned that you can make some very good buys, but you can also experience some disappointments. Here are a few tips from what we've learned through several days of shopping the Mart that may ensure a good experience:

1. Do not assume that you are getting a great deal simply because you are at the Mart. Some of the showrooms seem to have remarkably good deals, whereas others appeared to us to be very close to "retail." By example, the Hendredon outlet had great buys. We felt that the purchases made at Hickory Park were less of a "deal."
2. Be sure you get accurate information from your rep -- assuming that someone is helping guide you through the Mart. Though our rep was very nice, her information was quite erroneous. When asked about shipping expense, we were told that it would roughly equal sales tax...in other words, about 7-8%. In reality, it was approximately 20% (which really added a lot to the freight...no pun intended).
3. Don't expect your furniture when promised. It depends on where you live and when a truck is headed your direction. It could easily take 3 months for ordered items if you live west of the Mississippi. And be prepared to make numerous phone calls to try to determine the status of your order.
4. Make certain that the sales people properly represent their merchandise. We were told that a bedroom set we ordered (for $7,000) from Southern Style was made by craftsmen in North Carolina. When it arrived, there was a large "Made in China" stamp visible on the walnut bedframe. We still love the furniture, but feel that it should have been properly represented.
5. Be sure you are going to love everything you bought because the sales are basically final.
6. When your shipment does arrive, you will find the movers to be quite good at unpacking and placing the items. They are careful and professional.

Our friends ask us if we will return. The answer is "maybe," but we will enter the door with far more knowledge and caution. It's hard to beat 1,000,000 square feet of showrooms...but I wish there had been a bit more integrity in the manner in which we were handled and the information we were provided. Then it would have been a great experience.

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
33 attraction reviews
“I must have missed the boat on this one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Did not see any great bargains but then I was not really looking for anything specific. I was there with a group, got the spill and then looked around. No one in our group found much either from what I gathered. I did learn that there are two times a year when the sales are the best so you might want to get those dates if you are really serious about buying here. Very big and nice. Have two places to grab food at, too..

Visited May 2013
Destin, Florida
“Furniture Purchases”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I dealt with Connie Jenkins as my sales rep. She was extremely helpful on all of my furniture purchases. The pricing was good, delivery was good, and the whole experience was excellent. I would and will work with her again in the future. Connie was very professional and gave me her devoted time. Thank you all for a great experience.

Visited September 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Found everything I needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hickory Park Furniture Galleries were a great resource! My bedroom turned out beautiful! Kay Mitchell was so helpful and professional. Who knew furniture shopping could be fun!

Visited October 2012