“We always stay here” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“We always stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I love staying here.
It is so clean, so nice. Probably one of the nicer hotels in Hickory.
It is very close to everything.
Hotel is modern and very updated.
Always a smooth and friendly check-in.
We've not had the breakfast there before, but I am sure it is good, too.
Has a pool, hot-tub and a small exercise gym.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winterville, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I can't think of a single thing to complain about everything was just perfect. Beautiful hotel amenities were awesome. they even have Self Serve laundry. Every Clerk I spoke with was extremely helpful and friendly. And the grill was very good as well. 5 stars all around.

• Stayed May 2013
Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is one of the nicest Courtyards I have stayed in and I have stayed in many. Lobby is big and looks recently updated. Nice gym.

Rooms were big and clean. The only reason I didn't give them an excellent rating is because I had a drainage problem in my bathroom and it took a bit of effort to get resolved. When I ran water in the sink, it backed up in the tub and smelled bad. It was frustrating that we found out that it was a known problem and they gave us the room anyway.

I made the suggestion that they give us an empty room to take a shower in - it took them a while to get back to us but they took my suggestion and delivered a key to the room (on the same floor) to us.

I would definitely stay here again. I think this was just a one-off problem on a busy weekend.

Hotel is located right off Interstate 40 and there are several restaurants within 1 mile.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Another smooth business overnight stay......helpful staff, nice bar, walk over or caraba's will deliver....decent enough gym and clean rooms. Close to most everything you need. Choose this over the Fairfield next door. Upgraded and renovated.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived after attending a wedding to find this hotel full of screaming, running wild children. You literally could not walk thru the lobby without having to dodge running children. We checked in and my husband went to the gym for a workout, and since I was suffering from a nasty cold, I decided to rest and nap. This became impossible, due to the constant sound of kids running up and down the hallways, yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs.
I called down to the front desk and they assured me they would try to do something about it. When my husband returned from the gym, he told me the kids had already broken one of the treadmills. We decided to go downstairs and meet up with some family members for a drink and to decide about dinner plans. There was a group of parents in the bar area screaming and yelling so we left and went upstairs to pack and leave. The hotel staff was extremely sympathetic and agreed to not charge us for the rooms, and even agreed to give my brother in law back points that he used for his room. For this reason, I would stay here again, but would ask about other groups that just might be there as well! Note: We did write a letter to Marriott to commend the managers for doing all they could to help us, and for being so understanding about our desire to leave even after we had checked in and used the room. They handeled the situation as best as they could. Kudos to them!

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask if there are any large groups (especially those with kids) staying at the hotel! I am n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stony Brook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for one night. Other than a noisy in the room a.c/heat unit, everything was very good. The entrance and lobby was nice. The room was clean and there was no noise from nearby route 44. A Carrabba's restaurant was very close and the breakfast was acceptable. Prices were reasonable and I will stay there again. We spent the day at the Hickory Museum of Art and is a must if you are in Catawba County.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a quiet A/C Heating unit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have to travel to my corporate office a couple of times a year, and this is the place to stay if you have to be in the Hickory area! Clean, close to several restaurants, nice breakfast area! Staff is friendly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Hickory? Share your experiences!