“Nice, Clean, Comfortable, Convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Hickory
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abingdon
“Nice, Clean, Comfortable, Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Rooms are clean, updated, modern decorations, and no odors. Wireless Internet service works. Beds are comfy!! Would stay here again without question

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was traveling for business to Hickory for the first time and was unfamiliar with the place. The inn keeper was very helpful in guiding me with everything I needed from Cab service to local restaurants. He also bargained a good price with the yellow cab, important in a town that does not have much public transport. The Property is in a very calm and quite place with fresh air. It has a small pool that can be used in summer months. The room was very comfy had a small refrigerator a microwave and a coffee maker. Though 24 hours coffee was available at the lobby. I liked working on my laptop in the lobby where which had a good view of the outside. The WiFi internet also had very good speed.

Room Tip: Watch for deals, consider calling the hotel before booking online.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I concur with the 5 star ratings. I was pleasantly surprised at how attractive the room was for a chain. In my 2 double bed room there was a good flat screen TV, a desk, and a nice counter for my suitcase, not a tottering suitcase stand stuck in the closet. Lots of lighting options, and a large mirror over the sink. The best thing was the bed! A great down alternative coverlet and wonderful pillows! I bought 3 pillows. Tip: it was more reasonable to buy them at the hotel than anywhere I found on the Net.
One problem only - I would have preferred a boiled egg to the pre-packaged microvave bagel toppers (egg, cheese.) I am not a fan of pre-packaged food, and boiled eggs are probably less expensive to provide than the vending machine type thing. Otherwise, the breakfast was varied and ample. The staff was very nice and the room was spic and span.

Room Tip: No elevator, so choose accordingly.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed here for several days on a recent visit to Hickory. The room was quiet and very well appointed, and I liked the 24-hour coffee and occasional appearance of cookies. There was wi-fi, but I mostly used the business center computer, which also had a printer. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. However, the breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. I have stayed in about a half dozen Hickory area hotels and have always had either (or both) scrambled or fried eggs. This hotel only had pre-fabbed microwavable sandwiches in which the meat was mixed in with the eggs. Since I don't eat meat, this meant I was restricted to the packaged grits and not-so-authentic bagels. (They do have waffles, fruit, and pastries too.) But, overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My friend and I arrived at 9 am so we could register for our conference at the nearby convention center. We didn't expect to be able to check in that early, but we were pleasantly surprised when the very nice desk clerk found an available room on 1st floor for us, which we really appreciated since there is no elevator. We also needed her help with our printed receipt, and she came through for us, so I was impressed with Best Western's excellent customer service! The room was a pleasant surprise as well, especially considering the 39.95 per night price tag, with 2 comfy double beds with 3 pillow each, a comfortable upholstered chair with ottoman, a work desk with rolling task chair, a flat screen TV, microwave, and mini fridge. The TV had what was called a "clean" remote, a waterproof component designed so it could be sanitized before each new guest checks in. The tub/shower was very clean and had good water pressure, and though the toilet/shower area was a bit cramped, they offer a double supply of toilet paper which was nice. The towels were large and absorbent. The sink area had a hair dryer and complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. The closet had a good supply of hangers and an extra blanket which is always nice to have just in case. The internet access worked very well. Our room was located in the courtyard where the pool is, and though it was a little too cool to swim, the pool looked clean and inviting. The continental breakfast was nice, with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, hot chocolate, bread, pastries, and a fridge full of pre-packaged items you could microwave such as a breakfast burrito or sausage biscuit. The hotel has complimentary copies of USA today in the lobby. There are a number of restaurants very near by (J & S Cafeteria, Carraba's, Olive Garden) which is very convenient too. We found our stay at the Best Western to be very satisfactory, and because it was also very affordable I'm giving it 5 stars, which I rarely do!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Matawan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My daughter and I were visiting a college in the area, and although there are cheaper hotel options in Hickory, we found the extra few dollars spent to stay at the BW to be well worth it. My daughter was able to use her laptop thanks to the free Wi-fi, and although we did not use the pool on this stay, we could see it was clean and well cared for.

The "Continental breakfast" which is included with the room was more like a full-fledged breakfast buffet. Cereals, oatmeal, an abundance of fruit and a generous selection of pastries, as well as fresh-made waffles were some of the selections available. For non-coffee drinkers such as ourselves, there was a large selection of teas (herbal or traditional), juices, milk and even hot chocolate!

Overall, a great value for the money and perfect for a short stayover.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed here during recent visit to Hickory, North Carolina. The room was very clean and reasonably priced. The hotel staff were very friendly and provided a lot of good information about the area and surrounding towns. We were exploring this area for the first time, so they were helpful. I'd recommend this place. Best Western hasn't let me down yet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Hickory? Share your experiences!