“Horrible” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1725 13th Ave. Dr., N.W., Hickory, NC 28601   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Hickory
“Horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This hotel is extremely outdated. The carpet is old, dirty looking, and had cigarette wholes everywhere as did the comforter. The sheets were stained. They only provided 2 towels although there were 3 of us. I will not stay at another Days Inn again.

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel property is decent and the room was clean and comfortable. I really had no complaints about the stay itself. The only problem came after the stay when I discovered an issue with my Wyndham Rewards account. First, I have to preface this review by saying that Wyndham's Reward program is the worst of all the hotel chains I've dealt with over the years and I seriously question and doubt anything one of their representatives tells me. That being said, when I found that my points for this stay had not been added to my account (a stay that was booked thru Wyndham's website), I was told by Wyndham that the hotel had purposely denied my points and claimed that the rate I was charged was a non-qualifying rate. I contacted the hotel and they of course denied Wyndham's claim. Resolution of this matter is still ongoing and no one from Wyndham or the hotel has made any effort to try and correct the matter. Having experienced years of Wyndham's systematic shady business practices (they make every effort and excuse under the sun to not post reward/bonus points hoping that you will just get so tired and aggravated that you will just give up), I seriously doubt that this hotel is purposely attempting to scam guests out of the reward points owed them. However, to be on the safe side, I would definitely recommend that you verify with the staff that your stay is points eligible and that you secure as much documentation as you can from the hotel (receipts, names of staff members you deal with, etc) before you leave the property. As stated previously, the property is not bad and the rate charged was extremely reasonable. Just be cautious if you plan to stay as a Wyndham Rewards member.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn & Suites Hickory? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Hickory

Address: 1725 13th Ave. Dr., N.W., Hickory, NC 28601
Location: United States > North Carolina > Hickory
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Hickory
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn & Suites Hickory 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Hickory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Hickory
Hickory Quality Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn & Suites Hickory, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.