“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Hickory
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed for Mothers Day in a jucuzzi room at this motel and was very pleased! The room 329 was very large with an extra large jucuzzi tub in the bathroom had a kingbed wetbar sofa etc..very nice room! Only one small problem the door of this room was having some problems and we got locked out for a short while. Gordon the front desk clerk went above and beyond his duty to get the door open and get us moved to the room 318.He was very polite and proffesional while getting our door open and trying to keep the front desk going down stairs.Over all we had a great trip and was refunded alittle off of the room for our trouble with the door lock and having to move rooms at 9:30 pm so that was great.We will be back to this Quality Inn the next time we go to Hickory!

Room Tip: when we go back we will ask for room 329...hope they get the door fixed...that was a wonderful room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly C, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Hickory, responded to this review, May 14, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is really good hotel but not conveniently located near anything if that's a concern for you. Had a good night's rest there - beds are comfy, linens are nice, and bed covers have good weight to them. As other's mentioned, the breakfast is good but not because of the food, but where it is. On the second floor there's an entire landing that has a bar and dining area. Just have something nice like that makes the food automatically taste better. Internet was great, sound insulation seemed fine, I slept like a baby. And for the price you can get a room at a hotel with interior hallways, how the heck can you beat it?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kelly C, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Hickory, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Hickory!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I will start off by saying that whilst trying to check into this hotel I cursed an adult for the very first time. I have stayed in the hotel a hand full of times with my husband, always, he paid or the room was paid for already by his boss. Except for this weekend. It was a mess. One front desk man told me one thing, I was ready to check in that night and it went down hill from there. When the man said that I could not rent the room with MY money, because I am only 20, I started to get upset, more on the side of tears than anger. The man seen this and instantly jumped to complete rudeness. Upsetting me further, and my husband. He would not allow us to rent a room, because I am only 20. I asked if my husband could, but no, he could not because it was my card.(when another man had earlier told me that we could do so) he was rude, would not work with us, from the time that we walked up to the counter he was very sour with us. Only a slight, tight smile to welcome us after a 3 hour drive and 2 in the morning and a long log day. We stayed somewhere else and will never be back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Please email me at kellychadwick@hgmhotels with your contact information. I'd like to speak to you personally regarding your experience.
Jersey Shore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very clean and roomy except for losing battle with wallpaper at top of tub enclosure. Trying to keep the edges down with plastic strips only makes it worse and invites mold. Also, bathroom door jambs are starting to rust. Beds are very comfortable and the linens are excellent. The first floor housekeeping/laundry room is a problem. The staff are allowed to smoke in there and our towels had a definite smoke odor. Breakfast is an A+ Well stocked, very clean, wide variety of eggs, meats, cereals, waffles, etc. If they can correct the smoking in the laundry room it would be rated very good. Also correcting the wallpaper would move it up to excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and recommendations. We certainly hope to see you again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just wanted a room for the night before an academic competition at Lenoir-Rhyne; The hotel was well-positioned to the school. The room was comfortable although the heater is loud and came on and off frequently so our sleep was not ideal. As commented on frequently by others, the breakfast is quite good and makes the value for the money very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shelby, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit family in the area. We were pleasantly surprised with the size and quality of the room for the rate paid. King suite with sofa, chair, 37 inch flat screen and kitchenette for what we normally pay for a standard room in a 2 star hotel. The icing was the excellent free breakfast in the morning. Eggs sausage and biscuits looked and tasted homemade.
There are a lot of hotels in the area but will always try to book here first when visiting family or on business.
The front desk, decor, quietness and cleanliness is excellent. The only deficit I noticed was the out side doors to enter the buildings were unlocked for anyone to enter. They probably should be room key-carded.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We always try to stay at this Hotel when visitng family in Hickory on our way home. They also serve one of the best breakfest if not the best of most Hotels we have seen. There are great restaurants in this area, it is close to a lot of activities for family, Lake Hickory & Ski areas witihn a short travel distance.

Room Tip: Restaurant meaning breakfest bar. Rooms are nice but outdated comapred to newer hotels, but very cle...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn & Suites Hickory? Share your experiences!