“One of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hendersonville
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“One of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel should not even be open for business. If I paid $29.99 at a truck stop for this hotel I would be upset with the filth and stains on everything in site. Every aspect of the room was filthy, the carpets, the walls (many holes with patches that don't even blend in), the shower and shower curtain, the hallways and anything else you can think of.

If it is truly under new ownership they need to start gutting rooms one by one and only rent those rooms out. The way it stands right now it isn't acceptable in any way. Regardless of what rate you get on this hotel you will still be surprised at what you got yourself into with this property.

Stay somewhere else until its completely redone!!

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel! Seriously
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM_NC843, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
On behalf of  Quality Inn and Suites please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Hendersonville, NC location.

We are striving to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, we would like to let you know that we are currently undergoing major renovations to make your next visit a pleasant one.

We hope you will see the improvements and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The good news: This property was recently bank owned and the new owner is trying to make changes to it. The bad news: He hasn't owned it long enough to make any changes to make this place worth staying at. The carpets and walls are dirty, there were ants in our room, and every room we went into reeked of cigarette smoke despite being "non-smoking rooms" -- we know this because we asked to move rooms multiple times because of the stench. The staff was helpful and accommodating, although it often took three people to do one thing. The hotel has a pretty cool set-up and will likely be a good place to stay eventually, but I'd give it 6-12 months for them to make things better before you book here.

Room Tip: The rooms on the inside tend to smell less of cigarette smoke, but they also tend to be noisier beca...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_NC843, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for expressing your problems that you encountered during your time of stay. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room as we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again.

We would like you to give us another chance to show you that we can meet your expectations once all rennovations are completed in the future. Please call me directly to set up a reservation.
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

An employee told me the hotel has been operated by a bank for the last year while in foreclosure, and the bank didn't put any money into reapairs. The new owner is said to be working on much needed renovations, meanwhile the guest experience is subpar for a Quality Inn. I feel compelled to warn my fellow travelers to stay elsewhere during this transition period. The room odor drove me to use Febreeze for a little relief. Pool was out of service for two of the three days of my stay. One day my room still wasn't serviced by 5pm. Most of the employees I encountered need more customer service training. Simple stuff like smiling at a guest, and making eye contact. I'm sure it isn't easy to be cordial when half your guests are complaining.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GM_NC843, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

We would like you to give us another chance to show you that we can meet your expectations in the future. Please call me directly to set up a reservation.

Again, Thank you
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'd give this place a minus score if I could. Basically stayed here while I was in Hendersonville and they have an indoor pool. What is not mentioned is that the pool is ice cold as the heater is broken. This should have been stated upon check in.

Walls are paper thin. We were housed in an outside room NEXT to workers who are renovating the property-got to listen to their tv all night long and then listen to them start working early in the am.

As others have mentioned the hotel is dirty, there are numerous bugs- I brought 3 up to the front desk-one of whom was wandering around on the breakfast table.

Bathroom was dirty, there was no soap. Walls are peeling, lights are filled with bugs. In the future I will inspect a room BEFORE signing any paperwork for it when I stay at a Choice Hotel brand.

The breakfast is not up to what I expect from a Choice Hotel brand. Nor was the stay.

In all fairness the manager/owner removed the charge, however this stay negatively impacted my stay at Hendersonville AND my impression of Choice Hotels. Oh, and this was my second stay at a Choice Hotel under their stay 2 times get one stay free promotion. Since this stay was comped evidently I don't qualify for the promotion so I am screwed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GM_NC843, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hendersonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after reading previous reviews and already skeptical. Our first room on the outside wreaked of cigarette smoke and all together just looked dirty. After going down to the front desk the scrounged around to find another clean room since they are under new ownership and old housemaids left. We were then transferred to the room next to the first one still outside. We were in there for a few minutes not even wanting to take our shoes off or sit on the beds because it felt dirty along crawled a bug that went under the torn up carpet. This was either a bed bug or stink bug not sure. After going down to the front desk again we were told there were no more clean rooms with double beds. There was a king bed and pull out couch available inside so we moved to that one. This one was nicer than the two others, but still felt dirty. The shower had a mind of its own when it came to the temperature. The TVs are REALLY outdated and we were not even supplied sheets or a blanket for the pull out couch...I will say the gentleman doing the breakfast in the morning was VERY friendly and did a great job!! We tried the pool because our little ones really wanted to go swimming and it was ICE cold. Overall I would not recommend this place for the amount you pay a night. You could not pay me to stay at this place again. A refund would have been better! STAY AWAY until they have done so MAJOR revamps!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed there a few days ago and the hotel has been in receivership and vacant for about 12 months. Just opened by a new owner ( Casey). He is wonderful, but the rooms are a disaster.. He is trying to renovate the property while you pay the freight. This property should be closed until completed. The property has great potential, and I can see why he purchased it, but the traveling public will not be properly served, and Choice Hotels will get a bad reputation if more people experience this hotel in its current shape. They should not charge the full price for a property which is so badly in need of MAJOR upgrades.He moved us to a suite to make us happy (nice touch) but the room was still not "up to par". On .another note, the front desk help has no clue what is happening, and can not solve any problems. All in all, a bad choice at this time. If you MUST stay there, inspect the room first before paying. It will be a great place in a year or two after they put in the time and money to upgrade all the rooms.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you pay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
south florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

New owners.. Getting BETTER!!!
We have been staying here for several weeks now because of the great indoor pool, a wonderful pet policy, and nice low rates . However except for Jeffrey (a sterling employee) and some other friendly staff the conditions were a bit rough (as many reviewers noted) as the hotel was in foreclosure.

Well, the new owners are here, still pet friendly and in just a few days have made major strides in cleaning and fixing. We are happy that we stayed to see it and will certainly come back next year and hope to be able to give it an excellent rating then.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are underway with great renovations and upgrades for the Quality Inn & Suites - Hendersonville, NC.

Please visit us again and enjoy the new look and feel,.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!