“Dumpy hotel w/RUDE owner” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Hendersonville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Mitchell Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28793   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Hendersonville
Irving
“Dumpy hotel w/RUDE owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I made the mistake of booking here. The rooms are dumpy and reek of cig. smoke. The toilet was broken. Beware of the horribly, rude male owner. I feel sorry for the employees that have to deal with him. I will never stay at another Days Inn due to my interactions with the staff and this hotel. I suggest staying anywhere but here. This is pretty much the bottom of the barrell. There is a nice Comfort Inn further down the road with much nicer rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I grew up in Daytona Beach where my family owned and operated a number of motels ranging from 20 to 130 rooms. My feedback comes from an understanding background.
The first room I checked into #123 had the curtain closed with a light on before I entered giving the impression someone was already in the room. After entering the room the table and chairs were directly in front of the door. As we began to look at the room the bathroom was clean and towels were fresh. The floor had both candy and wrappers strewn about, the night stand had something disgusting smeared on it. But the most alarming was the bed was made up with only the bottom sheet and no top sheet at all.
The desk clerk was apologetic and gave me another room. As I approached the room I saw the curtain move and so I knocked and sure enough there was someone occupying the room. The third room was better with only a strong smell of the mold in the bathroom and a sticky floor. Total time to check in was over an hour and it goes without saying our night was ruined. I attempted to explain the situation to the manager the next morning and she stated “It was an honest mistake what is your problem”.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Checked into two different rooms at this hotel. The first room had the door proped open and the toliet was broken, not to mention a strong odor of old cigerettes. When I asked to change rooms, the front desk was pleasant. The second room was horrible. The odor was almost over powering. When I used my santizinting light (uv-c light) the bedsheets were covered with stains. The room lit up like something from a CSI set. It was disgusting!!! When I told the owner I was not staying in that room or at her hotel, she became very hostile. She wanted to know what kind of stains were on the bed and was not satified with my response of "I don't even want to know." They did refund my money, but did not do so readily. The girl working the front desk was pleasant enough, it was the owner who was rude. I ran the same light acrost the bed of the next hotel I checked into and nothing lit up. This was the first time I had ever seen anything like that and it will be the last time I check into a Days Inn.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel if you want a good rooom.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisburg, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Discovered BLOOD stains on my comforter and immediately reported it and asked for a refund- they told me they would give me $30 back (i paid $118) or a free stay at another time (I would NEVER stay here again). The worst thing is they never even went to look at the blood stains as promised or keep the blanket to show to the manager or housekeeping staff. I am currently trying to resolve the issue with corporate since the manager (Shushma) claims that the blanket disappeared after I reported it. She then insinuated that they were chocolate stains lol. Guess what Shushma... I took pictures (included in my review here). Nice try. She was also extremely rude and almost impossible to contact. The lack of care over basic cleanliness is astonishing to me. I mean if you ran a hotel and had a guest come to you upset because they had slept in some stranger's BLOOD STAINS wouldn't you at least go check it out or show it to your house cleaning so they know what to look for in the future? Well these guys didn't even bother. Their attitude was basically "oh there is blood in the bed? who cares". Hopefully corporate will work with me and restore my faith in this company because as of right now I would rather sleep in a parking lot then any Days Inn or Wyndham hotel chain EVER again.

Room Tip: check for BLOOD on your bed. If you find some, carry that nasty blanket to the front desk and make t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My room was very clean - the carpet even looked new. The desk clerk was exceptionally polite and kind. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Richfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

With plans to travel with a group to a volleyball tournament in Hendersonville, I booked this hotel upon the recommendation of our coach. After booking this room online, the coach texted me to say that after reviewing the hotel reviews for the area, he had changed his reservations to another hotel in Hendersonville. After also reading the reviews, which were horrible, I called the 1-800 number to cancel my reservations. I was promptly told that since I booked online, I could not cancel. I spoke with three different people who refused to let me cancel the room. I have NEVER been told I could not cancel a hotel room, especially in light of the fact, that I was trying to cancel a full week in advance, and had just made the reservation earlier in the day! I promptly called my credit card company and was advised to block my card to prevent the charges, which means I'm without this card for 7-10 days until I receive another one. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BOOK AT A DAYS INN......EVER!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel the previous year and it was okay, not great, but okay. This time around it was beyond nasty. The carpet and bedding were so nasty that I didn't want to put my bare feet down, heck I didn't want our DOG to put his feet down. We had a missing lightbulb in our room, and when I called the front desk to ask about getting one the desk clerk asked me how I knew the lightbulb didn't work..... Umm... because it isn't THERE? She told me I'd need to walk over to the office to get the bulb, but since I had my dog with me I could not go into the lobby. Well, then she'd have to come out right? She wasn't happy at all with having to walk the 10 feet from the desk to the front door. Just a totally wretched experience from start to finish. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Hendersonville? Share your experiences!