“Do Not Book This Hotel Online!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Richfield
“Do Not Book This Hotel Online!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

With plans to travel with a group to a volleyball tournament in Hendersonville, I booked this hotel upon the recommendation of our coach. After booking this room online, the coach texted me to say that after reviewing the hotel reviews for the area, he had changed his reservations to another hotel in Hendersonville. After also reading the reviews, which were horrible, I called the 1-800 number to cancel my reservations. I was promptly told that since I booked online, I could not cancel. I spoke with three different people who refused to let me cancel the room. I have NEVER been told I could not cancel a hotel room, especially in light of the fact, that I was trying to cancel a full week in advance, and had just made the reservation earlier in the day! I promptly called my credit card company and was advised to block my card to prevent the charges, which means I'm without this card for 7-10 days until I receive another one. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BOOK AT A DAYS INN......EVER!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel the previous year and it was okay, not great, but okay. This time around it was beyond nasty. The carpet and bedding were so nasty that I didn't want to put my bare feet down, heck I didn't want our DOG to put his feet down. We had a missing lightbulb in our room, and when I called the front desk to ask about getting one the desk clerk asked me how I knew the lightbulb didn't work..... Umm... because it isn't THERE? She told me I'd need to walk over to the office to get the bulb, but since I had my dog with me I could not go into the lobby. Well, then she'd have to come out right? She wasn't happy at all with having to walk the 10 feet from the desk to the front door. Just a totally wretched experience from start to finish. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Owner/Management is extremely rude!!! Canceled my reservation at 230pm the day of. Called corporate over their behavior and was told since it is owner operated they couldn't do anything. They refused to book a room in another hotel for the same rate I had reserved weeks in advanced. Do NOT stay at any Wyndam Resort Hotel. They will treat you like dirt and accuse you of lying and being rude for making a reservation. NOT worth the hassle.

Room Tip: Go up to the Comfort Inn, they were so helpful and POLITE
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

These people were rude before we even got to the hotel. Unfortunately, my daughter had a new replacement credit card from her bank that she had activated but for some reason wasn't working yet. On our way to the hotel, we were 10 minutes away when they called her to inform her that there was an issue with her credit card and they were canceling her room. When she tried telling them she had another card she could use, they wouldn't let her talk and instead talked over her. When she finally told them to listen to her, they accused HER of being rude, that they had canceled the room and there was nothing she could do. Well, we had 3 rooms reserved for the weekend (2 for 2 nights, 1 for 1 night) and when we all got there, I presented them with our reservation confirmations for all the rooms (my daughter had booked 3 weeks ago) and they again informed me that my daughter's room was canceled because of the problem with her card. When I asked why they wouldn't let her give them another card, I was essentially told that since I wasn't on the phone with my daughter (we had traveled in separate vehicles) that I had no way of knowing what had happened during their conversation. They in essence accused my daughter of lying, and that I at that point was being rude. We ended up cancelling all the reservations and stayed at the Comfort Inn behind this hotel, who were nice as could be and we were able to book all 3 rooms when we walked in. Bottom line with these Days Inn people is, whatever they say goes (no matter WHAT they say), and you will immediately get accused of being rude if you dare disagree with them!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I don't mean flea bag literally; their were no fleas and the place was clean enough for an older budget motel. And it definitely is not that I am a motel snob--read my reviews to see the type of places I have stayed. It just seems to me that $90 for a motel in this class is outrageous.

I stayed here one night the first of October. I ended up paying $90 because the Days in a little closer to my destination wanted $106 and I just couldn't stomach it.

I will compliment to receptionist. He first proposed $100 and I balked. Instead of letting me walk out though, he started a little negotiation. That is how he got me to stay. I appreciate that initiative.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed there May 28 - 30, 2011. Room was dusty. Furniture is OLD. TV is from the 60's with horrible color and worse reception.
"Contintental Breakfast".....included a bad mood hotel office clerk that wasn't thrilled about making coffee. The coffee pot was empty, the orange juice was empty (she said she didn't know how to do the juice". Oh, and a bowl of BLACK bananas. This was before 8:00am.
The pillows are the size of small children, so bring your own, unless you like to sleep sitting up.
Best of all....unless you keep your window drape completely closed at all times, making the room pitch black....everyone walking by can look in and wave to you. Very strange not to have some sort of sheers or some light filtering barrier between the outside sidewalk/parking lot and your room.
Would I recommend it? No.
Would I stay there again? No.

Room Tip: Book it somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

Traveling with my sister to visit Biltmore. She was in a smoking room [gag], me in a no-smo. We both found our rooms clean and comfy. Both rooms passed my black-light test and my sister's white-footies-not-blackened-by-nasty-carpet test.

Be aware, though, my sister requested micro/fridge for both rooms at time of booking. At check-in, clerk demanded a $10/day fee for my sister's room. 'We'll have to move them from another room." Not true. Both rooms had micro/fridges. We were also told that we couldn't be switched to another room because 'two bus-loads of wresting teams were coming in.' Again, not true. No buses ever pulled in. No wrestlers ever showed up. I doubt there were more than 6 other guests each of the two nights we stayed there. Sister threatened to call Days Inn Corporate. She got her micro/fridge money back! (Go grrrl!)

Stayed December 2010

Been to Days Inn Hendersonville? Share your experiences!