“Great Steakhouse” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“Great Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We loved the place. Eat the peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. ...not many places left to do that. The steaks were good. The baked sweet potatoes were awesome. The rolls were fantastic. Get the Tombstone Tea....or 2. Service was great. Ask for Kim

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Goldenbear from beautiful, nearby Lake Lure, NC, where the great movie, DIRTY DANCING was filmed years ago (and many like me still love to watch repeatedly), Thank you so Much!

It's obvious you know good restaurants and no doubt, have high standards when it comes to food and beverages. Your approval of our little old place makes us mighty proud and a Tombstone Tea is exactly what we feel like having to celebrate!

We see no reason you should not return to see us often and we will, of course, be delighted every time you walk in. The best to you good neighbor! <OleBob>

USA
“Wonderful..As usual!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Perfect steak, great service, and large portions. Always consistent, hot, fresh, and delicious! We will definitely be back when in town. Best food in the area!

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
BlackjackPlayer, thank you for visiting us again and leaving such nice comments about us here on TripAdvisor!

I see you've stayed downtown Vegas. Did you eat at Hugo's Cellar at the Four Queens, Second Street Grill at the Fremont and the Brew Pub at Main St Station? Since you like Binion's, I feel certain you've eaten at all three and enjoyed them - Nice folks, good restaurants!

When you have time, pull up our web-site and see the photo of the Gen. Mgr. at Binion's Horseshoe Casino giving me some framed pictures (of the casino) to display at Binion's Roadhouse. It was a very nice gesture and the pictures are on the wall beside the front doors as you leave the restaurant.

Best of Luck, Blackjack, and I'll bet soon, you'll show back up at Binion's for a sure thing, again - great food, great service, great atmosphere and reasonable prices! Thanks, again. <OleBob>
South Carolina
“Yummy steak dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is my husband's favorite steak place even though we live about an hour and a half away. We took him here for part of a short trip for his 50th birthday and were not disappointed. Peanuts are available right away, and the rolls you get are delicious! I am not a big eater, so I got a small sirloin...it was incredibly tender and tasty. Everyone was pleased with his/her meal, especially my husband, who enjoyed his favorite...New York strip. I recommend giving this place a try...not fancy dining, but definitely some of the best steak ever! Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Catadair, we feel honored that you and your husband visit Binion's on a regular basis and we were the restaurant of choice for the big 5 0 celebration! We wish both of you a minimum of 5 0 more. Thank you also for telling us everyone was pleased. That's what it's all about!

You've been to some really neat places, including the Amish Country in Pa. Is that not as nice as it gets? How cool is it when you pull up to a shopping center and see a dozen or so Amish buggies parked outside? Did you eat at any of the Amish or Mennonite restaurants? Did you try the Shoo-Fly Pie? Those folks know how to prepare great food.

Thank you very much for recommending us and including us on your list of places you prefer. I can tell by your reviews and the places you visit, you like to have fun and enjoy life. We are glad to be a small part of that. Return as often as you can, meanwhile have fun and stay travels! <OleBob>
“Hmmm, hmmm, good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Very pleased with everything we ordered, and the prices were amazing! My husband hummed when he ate the ribs. He also really enjoyed the home make steak fries, they were baked to a crispy wood grilled flavor! I had the most flavorful steak, Jrs Sirloin, and the baked potato was perfect! Toasted on the outside and flaky on the inside. We were extremely satisfied with both of our meals and plan to go back!

Visited November 2013
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Ms R, we appreciate your stopping in and your complimentary review. I guarantee you future visits will be equally as enjoyable and you will leave the restaurant 100% satisfied.

Homemade Steak Fries is a new side item we just introduced along with Spinach Souffle, Squash Casserole and Corn Pudding. These are made in-house and enhance any steak, or consider these possibilities. Tired of fries with your burger, order a burger with Spinach Souffle! Cutting back on meat, order a Loaded Baked Potato and Squash Casserole. What you order is your business. We just hope you enjoy it!

Thank you, again, Ms R and we look forward to your return visit! <OleBob>
Savannah, Georgia
“Great steak and burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

It is certainly not fine dining but it certainly was one of the finer steaks that I have eaten. The staff are enthusiastic and it is quite the show just watching the goings on around you while you have dinner. It is definitely a must do if you are in the area

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
So, Herryan, you came in and noticed we don't cater to the upper crust crowd, but apparently you fit right in and enjoyed some good eating. That's fantastic and we thank you for a great review!

For curiosity, I Goggled "fine dining Hendersonville NC". What I found were 11 local restaurants that claim to be, "Casual fine dining". What that means, I have no idea, but I found NO restaurants in this town that are strictly, "fine dining". We don't blame them. Many people read "fine dining" as "too expensive for me."

One of the so called, "Casual fine dining" places claims on its website to offer a "sophisticated" dining experience??? That's new to us but if you want to nibble high dollar fancy food while surrounded by mostly A-list, urbane folks, you may want to skip Binion's......But, when was the last time you ate at ANY restaurant, ANYWHERE, looked around and thought, "My, what a cultured and refined group of people are eating here"?

Binion's is just a small town steak place run by Honest, Semi-Country, Hardworking people, who try to use Common Sense and treat folks Fairly and with Respect. Herryan, please don't neglect to stop back in when you're back this way. <OleBob>