“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melange Bed and Breakfast

You added Melange Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Melange Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1230 Fifth Avenue West, Hendersonville, NC 28739   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hendersonville B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

As a guest at Melange, we were treated like family. Very sweet people, excellent service and outstanding accommodations for our family. parking was easy and the location is wonderful, given its proximity to downtown Hendersonville. We highly recommend the Melange facility and its hosts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Durham, NC, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is the most beautiful B&B or hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms were filled with a lot of art decorations that were exquisite. Many of these are from Europe. It felt like a castle to me. The grounds were beautifully landscaped too. Our room was quiet and comfortable.
The breakfasts we had were well designed and well-cooked.
The owners were welcoming, helpful and available.

Room Tip: Pick from the two rooms on the second floor that have balconies.
Green Features: They recycled plastics. Beyond this I did not notice anything else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of Melange Bed and Breakfast. Having just returned a day ago from our weekend at Melange, I have already praised them to several people. The house and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. The old house is grand and gorgeous, and the breakfast room is very cozy and timeless. I loved the old china and tea cups used at breakfast each day. They created a fruit dish and an egg dish each morning, and they were all to die for. Everything was fresh and had wonderful flavor. Very attentive service from Mehmet and Lale (the owners). They are both very friendly, and we enjoyed carrying on conversations with them both mornings we stayed. We stayed in the Scarlet room and loved our bed, bathroom and shower, and outdoor porch. Our room was very quiet and relaxing, and we had everything we needed. Everything about the accomodations was perfect, and we will definitely be returning on our next trip to Hendersonville. The location is very convenient to downtown Hendersonville, Brevard, Asheville and Flat Rock. Thank you, Mehment and Lale, for providing such a wonderful weekend's stay for my husband and me. We hope to return again soon!

Room Tip: The Scarlet room was wonderful! The bathroom has a great tower faucet in the shower, the bedding is...
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I have been to Downtown Hendersonville several times. This was our first stay at the Melange. What a treat! The property and the home were beautiful. Our room was fabulous!! It was very quiet and relaxing! The owners were gracious!! They were very friendly and accommodating! The breakfast was delicious! I could go on and on....we will return very soon. If you want to relax and enjoy a beautiful property, this is your place. We stayed in the Cinnamon room :)

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Staying at Melange was very much like staying in the elegant but comfortable home of friends. It was very quiet and private -- tucked in among beautiful trees and surrounded by lovely gardens, yet it was convenient to Historic Downtown Hendersonville and Flat Rock. Lale and Mehmet were perfect hosts. Our every need had been anticipated and provided. We stayed three nights in the Cinnamon Room - comfortable and airy with windows looking into the tree tops and over one of the gardens. I appreciated the room-darkening Roman shades which allowed me to sleep past daybreak. Breakfasts were outstanding - works of art that delighted all senses. The late afternoon glass of wine in the garden room was a perfect way to relax before dinner. My husband and I needed a relaxing "get-away." And we found it at Melange!

Green Features: I was impressed with the energy conservation practices: plenty of light from energy-efficient bulbs and motion-activated light in the hallway. Recycling was encouraged and explained in the guest services book in our room and a receptacle was provided. The shower head was a water-saver type.
Piedmont, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night trip to the Asheville/Hendersonville area. We spent two nights at another B&B, one night at the Melange, and one night at the Grove Park Inn. Our experience at the Melange was without contest the single greatest stay of not only this trip but of any place we have EVER stayed before. This will become our annual anniversary tradition, however we hope to make it back even sooner than that.

The owners are the warmest, friendliest, most compassionate people. We were instantly impressed by them from the time they answered the door. They happily give tours, answer questions about the B&B and tend to any possible need you may have. I also like that they respect your privacy. They are there if you need them, but also stay out of the way to allow you to feel comfortable to make yourself at home. We enjoyed talking with them very much.

The home and the grounds are exquisite. Every detail was thought of. I have never been in a home so old that was so well maintained. We stayed in the Pearl room and it was the largest room we have ever stayed in at a B&B. We felt like we were in a suite, but it is actually just one of the four regular rooms. The room was spotless, the temperature was perfect, we did not have any issues with noise, the bathroom was beautiful and well stocked with bath items and linens, the room had an iPod dock and a DVD player, and the king-size bed was comfortable and provided an awesome night of sleep. The view from the room was just marvelous as it looked down on the beautifully landscaped grounds below.

All of this praise and I haven't even gotten to the best part....THE FOOD! Wow!!! It was the most amazing breakfast I have ever experienced. The food was delicious and elegant. I had plenty to eat, but it was light enough that I did not feel full and uncomfortable afterwards. We were allowed to choose our breakfast time the night before, so my husband and I slept in a little later and caught up on some much needed sleep. We met a couple who love this B&B so much that they have spent their last 10 anniversaries there. In the ten years they have visited, they said they have never been served the same dish twice. They live 4 hours away and travel a lot, but this B&B is their very favorite place to spend time together. I can see why!

There is a very good reason why this B&B is #1 on Trip Advisor in the area. It is so well-deserved. These owners are honest, hard-working people that are passionate about providing the best Bed and Breakfast experience their customers have ever had.

Room Tip: I was able to tour all four of the regular rooms and look forward to trying them all. The Pearl and...
Green Features: Awesome. Many of the plumbing fixtures were eco-friendly and practices of reusing linens are encouraged to the guests liking.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our third or fourth stay at Melange. Our stays have always exceeded our expectations. We have been staying in the Emerald room, but will book the Cinnamon room on our next visit. We took advantage of a reservation that included tickets to the Flat Rock theater. We are very fond of the owners, and always look forward to seeing them. We will definitely be going back again. Melange is marvelous.

Room Tip: There's not a bad room. We have decided that we like the Cinnamon room best because you can dark...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Melange Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!