“Great Pub” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Great Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great service, good food and great choice of beers all at a reasonable price. Great for St. Paddy's day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“My home pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

The Rose is by far my most favorite pub on the planet! I am happily a regular. The food is great, the drink selection is awesome, and the service is just wonderful. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Excellent Food, and Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have had the privilege of being a regular here for quite some time. The food is wonderful, and the staff are all very friendly and courteous. If you are in the mood for a good meal, and a Bit of atmosphere; you can't go wrong at The Black Rose pub.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bangers and mash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Order bangers and mash on your next ( or first) visit. Nice pub style atmosphere. Did I mention that you should try the bangers and mash?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“If you're not a smoker, don't go!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were in the mood for pub food and had been to the Black Rose once before. My companion ordered the Reuben, which was quite tasty. I ordered the sirloin melt. It was tough and grisly. I sent it back and got a Reuben. As we were finishing our meal, we smelled tobacco smoke. We told our server, who was too busy to do much of anything. When we smelled it again, I asked to speak to the manager. He tried to explain it away because it seemed to be coming from a smoking area outside the back door. His response ways, "Do you want me to tell them not to smoke?" Then he left with, "Thank you for your input," which I interpreted as "I heard you, but I do not plan to do anything about the problem." WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Robert M, Manager at Black Rose Pub, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Michael G,
What a busy snow day! We managed to get a good crew together despite the weather so we could provide a warm seat and hot food to our many locals and travelers that find themselves in walking distance. We did not, however, expect to be that busy. We will learn from your feedback and I promise you that we are always accountable for each and every guest experience. We need to be able to resolve problems even in the busiest of shifts and we certainly failed you this particular day.
I hope you won't allow this isolated incident to keep you away. You and I know we have great food and a great staff.
Hope to see you soon.