“Seriously Good Burgers” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Seriously Good Burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We always get a weekly to go order full of burgers and everyone loves them. One of the best burgers I've had. Always consistent as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Pub food at it's finest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

One of the best beer selections in town, and the food isn't half bad either. Good specials every day of the week.

• Visited November 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Portion Update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I have always enjoyed our multiple visits to the Black Rose Pub because of the quality of the food, pleasant staff and overall ambience and we will continue to do so but, on a recent visit I ordered one of my go to favorites, Shepherds Pie and was disappointed with the "portions". The reason for the "rabbit ears" is because after taking three bites of nothing but mashed potatoes, I mentioned to the waiter and showed him that there was very little meat in the pie and that I had eaten this meal at least a dozen times prior to this and was always satisfied. He suggested that he would go back to the kitchen and get some more meat. Upon his return, he informed me that the chef had rejected his request and the waiter told me that all of the food is proportion controlled and I received the proper portion. The waiter informed that this is a practice they started two weeks ago. I am not one to send food back nor do I have reputation for complaining but, this was not the way to respond to a good customer and I hope that this is not a new trend - we have more than enough accountants in the world that are negatively influencing quality. We are getting ready to go back to the Black Rose for lunch. Needless to say, I will not be ordering the Shepherds Pie, unfortunately.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robert M, Manager at Black Rose Pub, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Mark K, you caught us with our pants down. Our Shepherd's Pie is awesome as long as we don't mess it up. We learned as a staff two valuable lessons as a result of your astute feedback. We all have to understand the difference between weight and volume in terms of units of measure. That's the easy lesson. The greater lesson is how we best respond to guest's concerns. We all understand now that a graceful, guest-centric response is THE ONLY RESPONSE that our guests deserve. Thank you for the feedback. We have taken your words to heart and we will be better for it. So come on in and get the Shepherd's Pie. It will be awesome.
Clinton, South Carolina
“Really good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great food and good service! Really enjoyed their burger! Their french fries were delish! The service was great and we really enjoyed watching the ballgame on the big screen!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Pub...Great Corned Beef....Good Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We didn't have a chance to try any of the beers...but my husband was impressed with the on tap selection. We had potato skins for an appetizer there were really yummy. I had a hot corned beef sandwich with fries. The corned beef was great...but the fries were just a little bit over seasoned (salty) for me. Service was good. The waitress was super friendly...but nice enough.