“Good food and a huge menu” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Continental, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food and a huge menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

One could variously describe the menu as eclectic or all over the place. Either way, you're bound to find something that appeals to you. As for the food itself, I had a brie BLT that was quite good, but I would have liked a slightly stronger brie to balance out the bacon a bit more.

Overall, worth a shot if you're in downtown.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Food in the English Manner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you like your food colorless, soggy, and poorly seasoned -- in short, in the English style - Mrs. G and Me is for you. Limp salad, over-cooked Brussel sprouts seasoned with sugar, pasty, watery trout with a sprinkle of Old Bay, a clump of over-cooked angel-hair pasta, lightly sprinkled with garlic powder -- all made for an unforgettable culinary experience.

Not all is lost, however. The service was friendly and efficient, the owner friendly and visible, the price reasonable, and the location very central. My wife and I figure Mrs. G probably hits Hendersonville's sweet spot: elderly retirees with digestive problems.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
hville_girl, Owner at Mrs G and Me, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We do read them and take them seriously.

Our sprouts however, have never been done with sugar. They are done with a splash of maple syrup. And alternatively, we offer two other vegetable choices.

Most of our customers quite enjoyed their trout with a butter, caper and lemon sauce this past weekend. I am sorry you believed it to be soggy, wet and seasoned with Old Bay. That it really was not.

We really appreciate comments being told to us whilst you are in the restaurant as we are more than happy to correct any problems.
north carolina
“Wonderful Food, Wonderful Staff, Awesome Owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

While staying with our brother and sister in law (visiting us from India), we located Mrs G and Me; on our quest for vegetarian items. All of our food was wonderful, as was the staff. The table next to us had the most delicious looking scallops and I heard them comment on how good they were. I have to return to enjoy these on our next trip. Mrs G (Lynda) is a true gem and a wonderful person! She stopped to see how our meal was going and gave me wonderful tips, recipes, and a product to try in my own new cafe. Our entire experience was delightful. I would go into more detail, but am writing from my IPhone -new at that!! Just go to Mrs. G and Me-you won't regret it-I am the Queen of Picky (being a cook my self)-believe me this place is the best one I have eaten at in a long time!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Amazing Mrs. G!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We called ahead and asked if they had veg food options and they had a few. We food and the soup was very good and best of all was Mrs. G and her husband who keep up a conversation with guests and she was a delight.

Visited May 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Mrs. G and Me, and Me, Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just had the best lunch at this restaurant. A lump crab cake with two side dishes and salad was delicious. I am from the Gulf Coast of Florida, so I know great seafood. I did notice the review about the hair in the salad. Guess what? The chef does have long grey hair, so that does effect my opinion--I think that happens way too often (hair-in-food), yuk!

• Visited April 2013