“Gave us the perfect kick off to our wedding!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on Church

Save Saved
You added Inn on Church to your Saves list
Inn on Church
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   201 Third Avenue West, Hendersonville, NC 28739   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Night Stay
Ranked #6 of 18 Hendersonville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Gave us the perfect kick off to our wedding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I are from the area so did not stay at the Inn but got a tour of their beautiful rooms. We did have our rehearsal dinner there and loved it!!. The food and atmosphere were perfect. We could not have asked for more perfect hosts than Joe and Stephanie, they made everything so easy and relaxed I did not have one worry and could spend the whole night enjoying my friends and family.
I would recommend this place to anyone coming into town the location is perfect (right off main street), food is great and the hosts are wonderful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a cute bed and breakfast. We stayed there for a weekend while visiting our son at camp. the place was very nice- not updated though. The beds were clean and comfortable- but the window a/c units were unbearable. This was the only issue we had with the place. The breakfast was good- and the people were very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruce_Pope, General Manager at Inn on Church, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Corrina B.,

We've filed a report with TripAdvisor to have your review placed on the page for the Inn on Church Street.

Regards,

Bruce Pope
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Originally selected Inn on Church due to proximity to downtown. The picture on the web does not do this great place justice. Decided to try their Sunday brunch 2 weeks earlier while heading back from Asheville. The fritatta was amazing and the service matched. Scoping out where we would soon be staying, the place was immaculate, everyone was friendly, and we knew we had found a gem. We staye this past weekend. The room was great, dinner was fabulous, and breakfast the next morning was a homerun. Joe and Stephanie were genuine and gracious--we loved them immediately. And it is clear they rub off on the staff. We'll be heading back again for sure--to sleep and eat!.

Burt & Carolyn R

Room Tip: Stayed in Guliani - overlooked main drag. A little traffic noise early evening, which dies down. R...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Inn itself was so charming and had great character. Joe and Stephanie made sure we had everything we need to make our stay super enjoyable. Breakfast and dinner were both fantastic!!This was a last minute trip and I'm so thankful they had availability! We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Waxhaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at Inn on Church during a family wedding. It was my first experience with a B&B and it was great!! I even got to bring my dog MOE. We were busy decorating on Friday, they heard Moe whining and took him for a walk!!!! Breakfast was the best and the entire staff was so welcoming and accommodating. Can't say enough great things about them!! Think the venue where we had actual ceremony could take some lessons from the Inn's staff!!! Just glad we were able to have rehearsal dinner at the Inn!! They made it fun, delicious and relaxing!! Love you guys!!! Sincerely, Shannon's Aunt!! :)

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor so traffic was a little loud at night. Other family members stayed on 2n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Greer, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My best girlfriend and I had a weekend get away. We got lucky and found The Inn on Church. I cannot say enough good about the place. The owners Joe and Stephanie are fabulous. The rooms were wonderful and the meals are incredible. I felt very much at home and cannot wait to come back! I strongly recommend coming here to relax!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I learned about this Inn from a wine tour company that we were using the day of our visit. I've staying at B&B's before and have mixed thoughts but read up online about the Inn on Church so felt good about my decision.
Overall the stay was okay at best, especially considering the price but did have several big negatives.

Food- We had set-up a 3 course pre-set dinner with 2 drinks for our group. I loved the private room they gave us but the $61 we paid was completely overpriced for what we received. It was a tiny salad with hardly any topping. The dinner had been described to me as a GREAT option for our group (ladies in their early 30's). Everyone in our group was unhappy with the entree. It was called a chicken crepe but was more of a chicken stew with a thick gravy. Not appetizing or appropriate for a group of ladies. Best thing about the dinner was the dessert.
My second big issue with the food was breakfast. Again the inn put us in the private room which I greatly appreciated but to my surprise they just had a fruit bowl, cinn rolls and muffins set out. Where was the great menu that was described on their website?
I expressed my food concerns with the owner on my way out and he didn't seem to care....

My second big issue is the ability to get a good night sleep. The rooms are dated but what you'd expect in an Inn. The issue I had was that they were NOT comfortable for 2 people in a room. The beds I think were a full and the floors and doors all creaked so our entire group slept very poorly.

Overall- it's a cute place in a great location to walk around Hendersonville. I also liked the staff (up until the food issue) and how they had coffee makers on every floor.
For me though I can't stay somewhere with poor food and I can't get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: One of the gals in our group stayed in Lucille. It was super cute and seemed to have a larger bed...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Joe C, Owner at Inn on Church, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort during your stay. We have had many wine tour groups stay with our inn who thoroughly enjoyed their visit. We have a great working relationship with the tour group and are always communicating with them to make our guests and clients feel comfortable and welcome.

You reservation was set up by the wine tour company. It was explained several times that our rooms each have one queen bed in them. I can assure you that all of our beds are queens. Several entree options were given to the tour company and they selected the Chicken Coq Au Vin which is a wonderful French chicken dish made with red wine, onions, and mushrooms. They were also given the option between a higher rate with a gourmet breakfast or a lower group rate with a continental breakfast. They selected the lower group rate with a continental breakfast.

Both the Inn on Church and the wine tour company work hard to make sure our customers are happy. If we were alerted at any time about these issues, we would have done our best to correct them. We made allowances for your group that we don't normally do (ie; allowing you to bring champagne to enjoy at the bar- we don't generally allow that as we sell our own champagne), because we love having wine tour guests stay with us. If you choose to stay with us in the future, we hope that any problems will be brought to our attention immediately so that we can address them and provide you with a clean, comfy, cozy, and friendly stay.

Been to Inn on Church? Share your experiences!