“Great Southern Country Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Southern Country Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went to Fireside for breakfast on our way out of town after visiting relatives for the weekend. I was so impressed with the food and menu selections! A word to the more healthy conscious consumers - there are not many diet friendly foods on the menu, unless you opt for a low carb meal. Our server was warm and friendly, and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed the meal. It is very reasonably priced, with most selections in the $4-6 range.

My dad had the blueberry pancakes, which have blueberries in the batter and is then topped with plenty of fresh blueberries and a blueberry compote. They were large and he loved them! My mother opted for pigs in a blanket, the classic sausage links wrapped in pancakes. It was very good as well. I ordered a bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich which was delicious! It was served on two large pieces of texas toast. They make their own bread fresh in house and sell loaves of it next to the cash register. It was soo, sooo good! I like my eggs well done and most places still under cook them to my taste even when I request it. I was very pleased that they truly listened and accommodated my request.

I look forward to visiting Hendersonville again to see relatives and we will make certain to stop by each trip!

84% Recommend
Reno, Nevada
“Good breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The food was good and the pancakes especially good, No complaints.

Visited May 2012
miami
“Awesome Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Food was great! the service was outstanding! and the place was so nice and clean! LOVED IT!!!

Visited March 2012
Wilmington , DE
“Don't let the looks fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

From the outside, this place really does not look like much. Don’t let the looks fool you: this place is great! I stayed at a nearby hotel and had noticed several advertisements around the area, so my wife and I decided to stop in for Sunday breakfast. We were greeted with warm southern hospitality and seated. The place was quite busy, but we were waited on promptly. The décor is a bit piecemeal and we actually sat in the side dining room. It is kind of a built-on addition under what appears to be a full greenhouse type structure! I guess it works insulation/climate wise. I had ham and eggs. A nice generous portion with home fries and nice thick toast made from fresh homemade bread (loaves of which they sell up front at the cash register). The wife had Country Eggs Benedict which is a biscuit with sausage gravy topped with an egg. She loved it! We shared a short stack of pancakes and washed it all down with plenty of coffee. They have this neat little procedure for additional service once you have your meal. Just move the little “service” placard by the salt and pepper over to the edge of your table, and your waitress will come right over to attend to you. Marvelous!
The total bill for two with tip was about $25.00. We also bought a loaf on the way out! If you want a good southern meal with great service, this is the place to come!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, SC
“Really Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stopped by on our way to Biltmore House. The food was very good. Pancakes are yummy served with warm syrup. Hubby said they are some of the best he has had. The homefries are good, as was the ham. I loved the toast made from homemade bread. Service was very quick and friendly. We will stop again when we are in the area. Reasonable price but not cheap. About what you would pay at Cracker Barrell. Go early, this place gets packed!

• Visited February 2012