“Excellent food, I can't understand why this place is not packed out.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Water Seafood Restaurant and Market

Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tryon, North Carolina
“Excellent food, I can't understand why this place is not packed out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at this restaurant and I was blown away by the quality of the seafood, the preparation and presentation. I have lived on the coast and know what fresh seafood is supposed to be. Normally I am very hesitant to order seafood this far inland. I am also very picky about my seafood, having grown up eating bad fish a long way from the coast. We ordered the peel and eat shrimp and from the first bite I knew that THIS was a place that I would be back to for fresh seafood! The shrimp were perfect; sweet, firm, freshly steamed and iced down. My wife had the smelt which were prepared exactly right. I had the grouper, and they actually had to fillet it first. Awesome! We had a nice bottle of white with our meal, and the price was more than reasonable. All in all, this place rocks. We will be regulars.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Asheville, North Carolina
“Fresh Fish Prepared Exactly Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant many times - before and after the change in ownership. Since re-opening, we have tried just about every dish, and found each to be perfectly prepared and extremely tasty. From Cod to Monkfish to Sea Bass to Trout - each plate has been carefully cooked to order and served with perfect sides, sauces, and seasoning. We've brought friends, family, and neighbors here and never worried that someone wouldn't be pleased. The best thing about the menu: if they're out of something, anything else will be equally good. I've learned to trust the owners and staff completely. It's worth a trip and some time to get to know this fine restaurant and the good people who work there. Rainer is in the kitchen, Sofia out front, and Marsha typically serves. Stop by, say hello. Oh - and try the lemon cream pie.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brevard,NC
“Like a morgue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The pluses first. Kerry was a sweet, terrific server. The probable co-owner was glad to read
To me the specials on the chalkboard since I couldn't read them. The chef/owner volunteered
To batter my shrimp instead of cooking them breaded.
However, this restaurant was like a morgue. No mirth, no cheer. No "welcome to our restaurant"
The ambience was non-existent. In addition, it was actually cold in the restaurant. Then, our
Bread was served cold, on ice-cold plates with brick-hard butter. By this time I was not the happiest customer although I admit I did not speak up. Kerry was the only saving grace.
My main template for any restaurant is simple...make me glad I chose your establishment.
These owners have their work cut out for themselves.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Amazing Fresh Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Former Miami chef has taken over this restaurant recently and the food is fabulous. We had the Floridian style Mahi..it was wonderful...served with an array of fresh citrus fruit and coconut rice. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flat Rock
“They'll be lucky to last a month!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am not a big eater. Most times, I go home with a box. After spending more than I would consider reasonable for lunch, with water to drink, I left hungry. No way I will ever return.

Without the goodwill from the previous owners, there is not a chance anyone would eat here. If they seriously think lunch prices from $18 - 24 can make it in Hendersonville, they must be living in some sort of fantasy - especially since the food is downright awful!!!!

After looking over the menu and trying to find something in the lunch price range we might expect, I ordered the salmon ceasar salad and my companion ordered the clams from the appetizer menu, both priced at $12. I was told they were out of salmon, so switched to the shrimp ceasar at $14. Her clams arrived with 4 unopened. When she asked if they came with bread or anything, they brought her a few slices, and never thought to ask me if I might wanted any. My salad consisited of 5 shrimp on a bed of bitter yellowed lettuce, with a bland excuse for dressing and no shaved parmesan. The ceasar side salad at the Hendersonville Country Club makes this look pathetic.

No chance these people can make it.

• Visited February 2013