“Need to pay attention” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 158 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in beautiful downtown Hendersonville, The Square Root Restaurant is a contemporary and cozy location to enjoy fabulous food. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Asheville, NC
“Need to pay attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went in for lunch a little after 1p on Jan 22, there was only one visible server and although we stood at the front for several minutes, no one looked our way or was available to seat us. There were several people dining at the time, but didn't appear crowded. We left for another restaurant. This on top of the cold "hot" soup we were served on the prior dining occasion, not good omens for the future.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

western north caolina
“slipping............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

this was our third time at the restaurant and the food preparation is slipping fast. the night we were in the place was run by kids and it showed. the waitress was fine, but the food was mediocre at best...dry, tepid eggplant parm, soggy ravioli w/ too much sauce. the owners better get back in there or the place will fail. you cant open a restaurant w/ good staff and then let them go, particularly in the kitchen.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Superb lunch spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friend and I just visited Square Root on Main Street in Hendersonville and were very, very pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent! I arrived before my friend and was asked if I'd like to be seated while waiting - the hostess even said she would make sure my friend would find me when she arrived. I was served a glass of water w/lemon while I waited. When my friend came we chatted and the waitress kept checking on us to see if we were ready to order. The menu was excellent with many, many choices in several categories. I chose the Turkey Reuben and my friend chose a Cobb Salad - both were excellent. No complaints and when we told the waitress this was our first time there she mentioned that they had a second restaurant in Brevard and both are family owned and operated. I highly recommend Square Root if you're in Hendersonville!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus
“Interesting tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ate here last weekend with my two kids. Service was friendly and attentive. My daughter had possibly the best burger she's ever had. My eggplant parmesan sandwich? TO DIE FOR. Mac and cheese was awesome. Located towards the end of the fun strip in Hendersonville and certainly reasonable (at lunch) and worth a visit.

Visited January 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Cool restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Square Root a couple of weeks ago to use a LivingSocial coupon we had. It was well worth it. The food was delicious! We had the brie and apple appetizer and it was like dessert! Our dinner was great and our server was fantastic.

• Visited December 2012